Our Triduum was lovely. We started out on Holy Thursday with Mass and then my friends and I went on the seven churches pilgrimage which was the perfect way to spend time with Jesus that night.
Every church that participated brought its own flair to their altar of repose and I am so glad that it was offered. It was a really nice night.
Saturday we dyed eggs. It was a fine adventure. I didn't take any pictures of the finished eggs.
Our family went to a neighboring church for their Vigil for many reasons but chiefly: they sing the Exodus reading. It's my favorite. The kids have never heard it live outside of me listening to it on Alexa constantly. So there we went.
I took no family pictures. I did snap this one of the kids after Mass concluded.
We got everyone into bed. The bunny came.
And I proceeded to watch all the Deanery's live streamed Vigils to compare and contrast. I determined we made the correct choice. And true story, have a different conclusion as to where we will Holy Thursday next year.
I took no pictures of us on Easter Sunday. We had a French Toast bake brunch. A prime rib dinner. Both were courtesy of Cracker Barrel take take-home meal that we picked up on Saturday. I enjoyed that immensely and the low stress of it truly is my favorite. It was just as tasty as our Thanksgiving meal was.
2024 Easter will go down as the year I was apathetic. Not about Jesus, never apathy towards Jesus. But about all the extra. I didn't buy anyone a new Easter outfit. We didn't take a family picture. We didn't even make the bunny butt cookies even though we have all the supplies. I just didn't need or want any of the fluff.




Happy Easter!! Some holidays you just can't handle all the excess, I know exactly how you feel. And I still think you did A LOT! We skipped the egg coloring this year (like most years if I'm being honest) so you get gold stars there.
ReplyDeleteYou've got to do what feels right each year. But it looks and sounds like you guys had a great Easter and there's always next year for the bunny butt cookies. Or make them in 2 weeks if you feel like it.
ReplyDeleteI agree with our lovely friends. As we get older, we are able to show ourselves grace when it comes to the holidays. That is the sign of growth, my friend! And you colored eggs! That is HUGE! Your kids are precious. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteI’m catching up on my blog reading, I’m way behind! I think you had an absolutely lovely Triduum and Easter! And I agree with Colleen: sometimes it’s nice not to worry about all the extra fluff, it just gets too stressful trying to do it all. I think you are an absolute champ at creating special family traditions and celebrating holidays. Your kiddos are very lucky. 😊❤️
ReplyDelete