Monday, April 15, 2024

The Busiest Week (Plus a Little)

Oh my goodness. It has been a while since I have checked in and that is because it has been just the longest week or so. Something every day and the marathon is not over yet. I know you're all dying to hear what we've been up to so let me tell you! 

Okay, let's go back to last Friday night (April 4) when we stayed up super late to watch Iowa eek out a win. Total nailbiter. 


Saturday C got his letter telling him he will be the editor of the newspaper for Biztown! He was and continues to be very excited about this! 


Sunday we went to a meal-packing event and it was really great! I am so glad we went! Both kids had a good time and I was happy to have a meaningful service opportunity to share with them. It was one of our deaconate candidate's projects and I am so grateful that is what he picked. 



Then we went home to watch Iowa lose (sadly). I am always an underdog supporter and I just think a fully undefeated team is boring. Also, all due respect, I think "Gamecock" is the worst team name I have ever heard. But I was glad it was a good game to watch. And now I can go back to not caring one iota about basketball. 

That evening we had a Confirmation meeting. We led a mini Eucharistic retreat to try to help our candidates and their sponsors/adults grow in faith and love of the Eucharist. 


Monday, we watched the eclipse. It was a previously scheduled in-service day so we were home. We were 92% coverage and I was really shocked by how bright that actually was. 





I totally got sunburnt too! But it was a lovely day. 

On Tuesday I had a meeting that was really great and that was the highlight of the day. My day could be summed up with: 


Wednesday was Chalice painting day for our second graders. And all around it was just a really busy day. It was also our parish-wide Households night. 


Thursday was our staff retreat. I was unexcited about it. But there was a really cool moment on the drive where it was super sunny and rainy right next to each other. 



Friday I prepped hard all day. I got to work at 7:35 and didn't stop moving until 2:30 when I finally had everything for our First Communion retreat ready to go. 




Saturday morning brought the First Communion Retreat. I went early to get things set up. The retreat ran from 9-Noon. I think it went well. It's so hard to tell with these things.
 

Then as is tradition in my family: after mom runs a retreat we go to Olive Garden. 



After evening Mass where C ended up serving, M and I went to see Anastasia the Musical. We liked it. 



And yesterday was a pretty normalish day. It was in the 80s so the kids played with water guns. Then everyone was showered and in pajamas for dinner and screens went off because today and Wednesday they finish their state testing. I really don't give one little iota how they do, but I can at least make sure they eat a decent dinner and have a good sleep the night before. And a good breakfast was had this morning. 

Happy Monday friends! 






 

1 comment:

  1. I wholeheartedly agree with your tradition - when mom's been super busy, we eat out!!! I'm sure the retreat was great but you are right, with kids and something like a retreat, you just never know what they thought. We were 80% totality this time and you could barely tell anything at all. The eclipse before this last one, we were at 95% and it just made everything look odd. I'm sorry your team lost - both ours lost and it was sad. But it was so fun to watch! I guess there's always next year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!