Monday, June 3, 2024

June is Bustin' Out All Over!

Because it's June! June! June! June! 

In honor of June... we went to Husband's hometown. (For a specific reason that truly had nothing to do with June but whatever okay?) 

We ate lunch at home and tidied the downstairs before leaving. Of course, by then it was raining which was annoying but it's okay. It wasn't raining where we were going. 

This is a true story: since our drive home from Michigan last week there has been an inconsistent rolling noise from my car. It's not all the time, only on severe or dramatic turns. And even then not all the time. So I've been anxious about it and worried. You guys... it was a walnut under my hood. Just rolling back and forth. Easiest car problem solution ever. (We threw the walnut away.) 

The drive was otherwise uneventful. 

After we checked in we headed for the most delicious pizza. I don't know why his hometown pizza is so much better than the pizza we can get at our house. So frustrating. But it does make it sweeter to visit. 

Once our tummies were full we went to play at a park. I took this picture and sent it to one of my friends with the caption: "Look! I natured!" 


This was the response I got: 

I had sent her this targeted ad I got the other day: 

Adventure is out there! But so are serial killers. See, she is my outdoor friend. Like they go crazy outdoor hiking camping, living off of whatever camping. Carrying out their own human waste camping. 

I am an indoor kind of girl. With a house. And a bed. Billie Jo is my people. Admittedly, I love my outdoor friend very much but I am not going camping. 

We then went to the Whippy Dip. Because that's what we do when we go to town. (Like twice a year.) 



Then before bedtime, we went to one of our other favorite parks! Which was a lot of fun. Except I didn't love the sheer number of gnats. So many gnats. 

Sunday we went to Mass and thanks to a little help from the Holy Spirit ended up sitting in Husband's Grandma's pew! She was excited to join us when she arrived. And she was the whole reason we were there, to begin with. Because it was her 85th birthday and mostly everyone was in town.

Truly, after Mass, we went to the grocery store and ran into 2 different relatives. We all smiled big for the huge group picture. I can't wait to see how that looks when the photographer sends that back. There could/should have been 80 peeps in it if everyone was there. Everyone of course was not there.  66 people were though and that is still a pretty good turnout. 

We also took a picture with just our little family and Grandma. 

And we are so glad to have that. 

And that was our June weekend. 

4 comments:

  1. Ok. As I was reading, I am thinking...yep! She is my people!!!! LOL ! This is one of the many reasons we have been blog friends for so long! Happy Birthday to a beautiful lady! So glad you could be there to celebrate with her!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 66 people turning out for Grandma's birthday party is amazing! What a nice photo of your family too. I need to know what the green ice cream drink concoction that C has??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So the sundaes at The Whippy Dip are a little soft serve, whatever topping you've picked and then more soft serve on top. C gets the mint sundae, which I am pretty sure they just have like Creme de Menthe syrup they pour in with the ice cream. He gets it every time though and it's quite good.

      Delete
  3. I don't mind the outdoors in general but I don't enjoy camping. I don't get the appeal. Its uncomfortable and it's such a hassle. And there are serial killers!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!