So while the kids and I were off at VBS. (More on that soon.) Husband went to the actual middle of nowhere Wyoming to dig up a triceratops.
Yes. You read that correctly. He went to dig up a triceratops. A real one.
Like Cera. But a lot deader than this.
Cliff Notes version: His museum is going to have a triceratops skeleton. But in order to get that skeleton they have to first dig it out of the ground over a series of trips. He got to go with to document and do some digging.
It was the worst possible week for this to happen but seriously. How could we NOT send him to a dinosaur dig? Who does that?!
So on Sunday we dropped him off at work. And the rest of the crew.
The town closest to where they were was Lusk, Wy. Then they camped 50 minutes from there. And the dig site was 15 minutes from the camp. There was no cell service so we went days and days without hearing from him. Which was not my favorite.
This is where he slept.
This is the rib bone he uncovered. He's very proud of this rib bone!
Please note his VBS shirt because even being far away he supports me on VBS shirt day! And somehow I got a message from him that morning and I really needed it. Turns out, I am really into talking to him every day!
This was the picture he sent me. He was excited.
He flew to Indianapolis to meet us and came bearing gifts.
He had the experience of a lifetime, and it sounded... horrible to me. I am glad he went alone!
But I am also glad that he went and that they were safe. At some point in the next few years, I can't wait to show you the whole Triceratops! It will be the only complete dinosaur in Iowa!
.jpg)







OK that is very cool. But yeah, not talking to each other would suck. Gosh how many times do I text my husband daily!
ReplyDeleteThat is so cool!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is just the neatest thing! How wonderful for your husband to be part of this.
ReplyDelete