And we have once again come to the end of another fine month. The school year is coming. And it's coming quickly.
I ordered the school shoes today. And the last pieces of uniforms.
We need to go to the store and buy a few other things: earbuds, a black 3-ring binder, and then we will be all set.
It's not like school starts tomorrow. (First of all, it's Saturday.) But I just want to be able to check that box and know that we are all set.
I do not want a rushed and panicked August. Not even a little bit.
We have been saving Scoopie Tokens from Culver's for a long time. A long time. Yesterday, M turned 10 of them in to get a hamburger stuffie. She saw it on the way to camp, but we didn't have our entire collection of Scoopie Tokens with us at the time.
In other news, we also have 32 scoops of custard coming to us... so we should probably start just bringing the kids there when they ask for ice cream.
I have never in my life hated living in Iowa and being so far away from Fairhaven, MA before. But this will do it. I think this is the fruity/chocolatey blend of ice cream of my dreams.
Today is a dreary, rainy day that strongly suggests staying home and napping. Alas... the workplace demands that I show up in order to earn the paycheck... rude.
Both of these Babylon Bee "article" headlines made me honestly laugh out loud.
This may be a church employee niche. But so so so so so so true. And since I have sat in multiple meetings in the last 2 weeks discussing programs and volunteers, it's as funny as it is sad.
This one just genuinely cracked me up.
Last week, the theater programs finally announced their Fall season, and C is of the magical age where he is eligible for ALL THREE SHOWS! And so then I was looking at the calendar and trying to figure out what would be our best option and... I said to a friend, "Is this what Sports parents do as they're trying to figure out if they can join another team?"
As it happens, Husband and I prayerfully decided to take the Fall off of theater. C will be taking Algebra at the high school this year as an 8th grader. He will have to work hard, and that will be a stressor for him. (Hard doesn't equal bad, but hard does stress his brain out.) And so rather than pile a bunch of extracurriculars on top, we decided to stick with voice lessons and choir. And let theater rest until spring, and he is in his flow of how algebra works.
Because even though both Husband and I went to college on theater scholarships... they aren't worth stressing over at this age.
Speaking of this age... this kid is finally growing! He gained an inch and a half in the last 6 months! He is still tiny but we are happy to see the growth!!
We haven't gone into it on the blog because there are things that just don't need to be on the internet, but rest assured, we are quite sure he falls into the "late bloomer" camp based on genetics and other tests, and we have no reason to worry about his height.
Happy Friday! Get ready August! Here we come!
How smart that you balanced fall theater against what you know about your son. And he'll still be performing with choir and voice!
ReplyDeleteI have one son who grew about 5 inches in the fall of freshman year, and other who added inches of high through senior year. C will get there! Just be prepared to buy new pants and shoes every 2 months once the growth spurts kicks in. Enjoy the weekend!
Girl! I literally sent my husband both of those Babylon Bee posts - hilarious.
ReplyDeleteAlso, thanks for the shoutout and if only ice cream would send well, I'd be happy to ship you a whole bucket!
We did the visits and tests for Eamon, who was also a late bloomer, and also eventually grew! Honestly, looking back, I would rather have late bloomers than early bloomers...it saves some time off of worrying about teenagey things and keeps them innocent for longer :)