Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Internet Round Up!

You'll need to forgive me people. I have FINO disease. That is to say Facebook in name only. I don't post links. I don't comment (usually, very rarely I may.) I don't wish you a happy birthday. (I should probably but it's always someone's birthday.) I don't "like" brands, stores or blogs for that matter because I just don't. 

I use it as a means to not completely lose track of people. The people who don't otherwise have my email can get a message to me and vice versa. 

But that means occasionally funny or sweet things are posted and I want so badly to share and repost but I have made a solemn vow not to do that. And even if it's with myself, I just can't break a vow. So I ask your forgiveness for sharing I will be doing in this post. 

First off, I'm not sure if you realize it but it's getting close to Christmas. Which means Christmas music. I love Christmas music as I said yesterday and make no apologies for that.  But I don't think many will disagree with me that certain songs just should not be played anymore. (Really at all, but since that ship has sailed I will settle for never again.) The John Lennon Happy Xmas (War is Over) is number one on my do not playlist, but that just may be because I hate John Lennon. Beatles or solo career. But a CLOSE second is Christmas Shoes. Oh my gosh. The ear splitting horror. Gross. So when someone on Facebook posted this here article entitled: The 5 Best Ways to Survive "Christmas Shoes" I was sold. It's even funnier when you're reading it. 

In the music camp but with nothing to do with Christmas I am slightly obsessed with this song right now. 


If the video doesn't work for you, it is River Flows in You by Yiruma. It's just gorgeous and relaxing. If you've been to a non-Catholic wedding (or heck even a non-traditional Catholic wedding because I don't speak for The Church as a whole on what's allowed or not.) you may have heard this song before. Anyway, I just love it. 

Sometimes to really reflect on life I need silence. Other times silence drives me mad. This song is good when I can't have silence. And it makes me want to take piano lessons. Just kidding, I'll just force C to take piano until he's good enough to play this song. 

So those are the two things I'd post on Facebook but instead you are gifted here on the blog. But at least I'm not hashtaging right?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!