Thursday, December 12, 2013

Theme Thursday: Dozen

It's Thursday. And it kind of snuck up on me. For the first time in the history of Theme Thursday I didn't have a plan. I didn't even know what the theme was until I rolled over this morning and checked under the projects tab to look.

Dozen. It's funny that the theme is dozen. I often say "It's that dozen phrase," when I mean "six of one, half a dozen of the other." I say it a lot. Luckily Husband knows what I mean by that. We also say "Potato potato." (Said completely normally no change in inflection or anything. Just the word repeated."

But that is not a picture or even very interesting to you I am sure. And I sure as heck didn't have anything to just whip up this morning to take a picture of. I mean, I could pour a bowl of mini Nilla wafers or something and find a dozen but that just seems like cheating. Or forcing an issue.

So instead I visited the Ye Old Family Stock Photography Area (AKA the pictures folder on the expandable hard drive) and found 2 very representative pictures of a dozen for your viewing pleasure. I somehow decided that using an old photo was cheating less than taking a new one of something dumb. Which doesn't make a whole lot of sense but just go with it okay?

So have I mentioned Husband bakes? I like to bake too but Husband get's all into it. Especially with bread.
See?

But he's not crazy because he sells it. See? And cinnamon rolls. With cream cheese frosting. And other kinds of baked goods when he feels whimsy. Imma be honest, there was a point in time when he couldn't find his cinnamon roll recipe because it had been a long while since his last excursion and...I didn't mind one bit. Is the dough good? Sure. I guess I am not really a fan of cinnamon rolls. Not just his either, I just don't groove on cinnamon rolls in general. They do smell good. He did make blueberry rolls once and they were REALLY good.


Anyway. There are more than a dozen loaves in the first picture. And a dozen cinnamon rolls in the second. So I have decided that counts and I have officially fulfilled my duty as a Theme Thursday-er.

Have a delightful weekend! And link up all your dozens over to Cari. She's won't bite. And she has very limited rules for Theme Thursday. (I actually don't know of any but I'm sure if the need arises she'll create one or two to make it work.)


6 comments:

  1. For whatever reason this reminds me of the 400 dozen pierogi my hubby drove to OH to bring back for a church fundraiser. I think those cinnamon rolls could use a bit of icing : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They actually have icing piped on along the swirl. So if you were to eat it by un-winding it, the frosting goes with each piece and you can eat it without getting your face messy or needing a fork. The icing I love,

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness does that bread look amazing! I am a carbaholic, so when I see fresh bread my heart stops a little. And I'm not much of a cinnamon roll fan myself, but my husband loves 'em. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm I think I might need to teach my husband to bake so I can convince him to make me dozens of loaves of bread :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure that's the best looking french bread I've ever seen. Wow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!