When I was but a wee tike in Sunday school even (I think I was actually younger than RE age. Hunter was in my class then. Hunter was in my confirmation class years later.) we sang the song for our Christmas program.
Stay awake! Be ready!
You do not know the hour
when the Lord is coming.
Stay awake! Be ready!
The Lord is coming soon.
Alleluia, Alleluia!
The Lord is coming soon!
On some level I am ready for it to just be Christmas already! I love Christmas. Maybe not as much as I love Easter but I still love Christmas. I am ready to give gifts and enjoy time with my family. I love giving gifts, it's totally one of my main love languages. I am more excited for certain people to open the gifts I picked for them than I am for receiving anything. I mean, not my in-laws, I could give them the best gift ever and I would get no response at all. Everyone else though? Super excited!
On another level I am really enjoying this waiting part. The promise of what's yet to come is exciting.
In totally unrelated note we are on our last roll of paper towels. I love paper plates and paper towels. I know that they cost money but I despise doing the dishes and gosh paper towels are just so useful. I decided that for Lent I would give up paper plates and have a limited amount of paper towels available.
I would sit here and pretend that I could be the person who has those unpaper towels that snap together and go on a roll but you wash them? Yeah. No. I like doing laundry but if I had to do laundry every time I used a paper towel I'd go insane. I could try to not use paper towels so often... but it's not Lent yet so I'm good.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!