We are just seven short days from the exciting ultrasound. My OBGYN actually changed policies from 2011/2012 and I had an 8 week ultrasound this time around. But, you know that it's really just a cute little speck in a salt and pepper blob at that point. I am looking forward to making sure this little Bundle Bean (as we are lovingly call him/her currently) is growing well and healthy. (Or start a plan of action if not.) I'm also excited to learn the gender. We are definitely "find out the gender people."
I don't like it when people say to me "Don't you want to be surprised?" Because, my friends, I do not know the gender now. It is the exact same surprise at 20 weeks as it would be at 40 weeks. If you choose not to find out the gender prior to birth, more power to you! I am apparently too much of planner to wait. I like calling my babies by name before I've met them. But that's just where I fall!
When I was pregnant with C I wanted a little boy very very badly. So badly that I was concerned that I would be disappointed if it was a girl. So I began convincing myself that it was a girl. I was certain. And I was okay with that. I honestly did not believe the ultrasound tech when she told me it was a boy.
So this time around I have no idea. No stinkin' clue. My gut would say girl but I have no reasoning to this. Who knows? My pregnancy has been different but not so drastically that I would say with certainty it must be a different gender. My mom thinks it's a boy. Husband has no clue as well.
We really have no preference. I would love a little girl. But I really love my little boy and would not be even remotely disappointed with another. Plus we already have the clothes for a boy. (Not that I wouldn't reuse some of the stuff for a girl because I would absolutely.) Most of our "baby gear" is mostly red or primary colors so that it would be non-gender specific so it really I wouldn't buy much either way.
Meh. I am excited to be able to name our baby and talk to him/her as a person and not an it. I don't know why but knowing gender and the name helps me immensely. But that's just me. Plus I think it will be much easier to explain to C about his little brother/sister and not the abstract "baby." But again, that's just what will work better for our family. He does know about the baby already but I think he tends to learn with more concrete information.
One of Husband's co-workers found out yesterday that she's having a boy. Funny enough she has a little girl who is only 4 days younger than C so it's kind of funny our seconds will be close in age as well. Her announcement is just getting me more excited to know! I can't wait! One week!
Eeeeek! I can't wait for you either!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteBe sure to let us know, k? : )
I always had to know as well. I never understand the people that want to be surprised but we're all different.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear what it is!
Ha, I had the exact opposite experience with Elizabeth. I really, really, really wanted a girl, but didn't admit it to anyone and given that my odds (or how I perceived my odds to be) of having a boy were oh, about 99 to 1, I convinced myself it was a boy and everyone else around me (except for my Grandma funny enough) thought it was going to be a boy as well because of the way I was carrying, etc. (And about those odds - Mr. B has 2 brothers that are also married and since the guys determine the gender, up to that point their offspring were 4 boys and 1 girl, so to me it was more of a mathematical equation B family last name = boys!). Anyway, as you probably know. when they announced that it was a girl at the delivery because we didn't find out, my first question was "Are you sure?" because I was seriously that in shock that it was a girl. Ha, ha! And funny enough, we had Elizabeth and then both of our miscarriages after her were girls, and I am pregnant with a girl, so I guess my whole theory was completely upended. And the ration of my B side of the family BILs is now 5 boys and 1 girl and my SIL is having her 3rd on June 3rd, so if it is another boy (which would be 3 for her family and they don't find out)…well, I don't know what the heck is going on. :) And crazy enough, this pregnancy is the only grandchild out of 15 (living) on my husband's side for which the gender was known in advance. Let's just say, my husband doesn't really like that we were the trendsetters and if we are blessed with a third, we will go back to not finding out.
ReplyDeleteSo excited for your ultrasound!!
And I of course, would have been fine with a boy originally, or even now (because who knows…tests have a percentage of error built in), but I get about having an inclination for one or the other.
ReplyDeleteYou're 20 weeks already? Dang, where has the time gone? Excited to hear how the big u/s goes. I'm assuming you're going to share the gender with your blog readers...
ReplyDeleteMadeline, THANK YOU for your comment on my blog. Even though I know every woman and every pregnancy is different, hearing positive stories is so reassuring. Thank you so much for your prayers, you will be in mine as well. And BEST OF LUCK as you wait for the exciting ultrasound!!!
ReplyDelete