So since I am sure you're all just DYING to know how my Mother's Day was I'll tell you. It was pretty great. We made it kind of a weekend. Of a lot of relaxation and nothingness which is my favorite kind of weekend in case you were wondering.
It's probably the hormones but my snarky has been coming out in mass quantities lately, and things that I would usually just roll with are starting to get on my N.E.R.V.E.S.
A for instance for you: we went to our little children's museum on Friday. We're members so it is really not a big deal whatsoever to spend only a short amount of time there. We got there, and it was pretty busy. Some first graders were on a field trip. Which is great. We avoided the areas they were gravitating towards and stuck to the easier places to play. So there's a little house area that is for the 4 and under set. We headed in there because it's for the littles. It's even designed small.
Well in storm these first grade boys and they are TERRORIZING this space. Throwing food and running amok. (Amok, amok, amok ala Hocus Pocus for y'all.) And then their chaperone (Blogger isn't recognizing chaperone as a word but I swear I am spelling it correctly.) came in the clearly marked area for kids ages 4 and under, and DOESN'T say anything. Well, she did tell them to stop running in front of C and other smaller children.
We left the house and went to play at the water table which is C's favorite anyway but I was miffed. I am currently at the point of not saying the words that come to mind because I can't tell how emotionally charged they're going to be.
In other C news, he is talking more than ever. I think that sentence is dumb because unless he regressed wouldn't that sentence always be true? Not that regression isn't a serious and scary thing because it is but then that sentence wouldn't make sense anyway.
We are still SUPER into the letter C but he is starting to find other letters that interest him. He knows that J says "Jump" and he is starting to show some interest in P as well. (Which is his middle and last initial.) His favorite number is 2 which is good prep for the upcoming year.
I can't believe for a minute that he is going to be 2. I mean, I know he is. And I understand that he has to grow up because that's what children tend to do. (Mrs. Doubtfire. I love that movie.) But it is so overwhelming that this little creature I brought into the world is going to be 2. Gah! He is such a sweet kid. I am very blessed.
And that is really what's going on with me. Not a whole lot. I hope all of you are well!!
Totally agree with your annoyance!!! Chaperones and parents who don't correct the kids when they are clearly doing something wrong just grates my nerves as well!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you have a Childrens Museum, though - what fun!