Thursday, May 15, 2014

The Weather and Television

So it's the smack dab middle of May and it's pretty chilly outside. I am not going to use the other "c" word that contains the word "old" because I am thankful we are not in Colorado and fresh off of snow. I am also pretty thankful I am not in Southern California in the midst of the fires. I'll take a week of mid 50s/low 60s over those options thankyouverymuch.

But it's also pretty gloomy out. So it makes it hard to do fun outdoor things. The zoo has been open for about a month now! And even still, we haven't been because: free week, (it can be all the free in the world but the crowd alone makes me cringe) Minnesota/Florida trip, I had a cold, C had a cold, rain, other activities and now cold. So we're overdue but I can't think of a day where the stars have aligned to make it happen.

UPDATED Of COURSE I post and start getting us ready for a Target trip and the sun comes out. On the way to the car he just wanted to play in the yard. When we got home he didn't want to be outside at all.

UPDATED AGAIN The sun was short lived. By nap time it became dark, rainy and gloomy once more.

I just hope it warms up for Memorial Day. It was super rainy and cold last year which was kind of a bummer but since that is C's birthday I will be kind of really bummed as his fun gift from us is a water table which won't make a whole lot of sense if it's cold. We are having just one family over for a barbecue and let the boys play. (They have a 3 year old and 22 month old.) We'll probably do a cake/cupcakes or something because we've already been practicing blowing out candles. But we're keeping it really low key. He'll be 2. I've got time for Pinterest parties in the future, when he may actually enjoy/appreciate/remember.

In other news... there really isn't much other news. We're kind of in a same old same old pattern. Which is nice actually. Predictable and boring mostly but I like it. In my television viewing habits tonight is the season finale of Grey's Anatomy and The Big Bang Theory. I loathe summer hiatus. It's the worst.

This will be my first real and true season of a Grey's finale on television. Last summer I watched all 9 seasons so I never had the pleasure of a Shonda finale and the WAIT. But Yang is my favorite and she's not coming back so the magic may be over anyhow. We'll see. Sunday I have The Good Wife finale and it's the same story as Grey's. In fact, this time last year I hadn't ever seen either show. I did manage to get my mom into The Good Wife as well. I am very interested in what happens this finale and I will be quite anxious I'm sure until the fall. I will not be giving up on Alicia anytime soon that's for sure.

Based on some recommendations from both the blog world and in person friends I started watching Once Upon A Time. We are a little over halfway through season 1 and my verdict is still out. It's interesting but sometimes incredibly convoluted for no apparent reason other than they had to stretch a story out. But I really didn't think I was going to like it and committed to just 4 episodes initially. I still maintain the plot would have made a great movie. Only then we wouldn't have the complicated back stories for every.single.person which is maybe just fine with me.

Have a wonderful Thursday if you read this!

3 comments:

  1. A water table is an awesome gift!
    Prayers for good weather. : )
    Have a cozy evening.
    Rain and chilly here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The summer hiatus is the worst! Luckily we both love baseball and we get the MLB package so there's usually a Red Sox game to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The water table sounds like fun!! I should make one for Luke. I know C will love it!!
    It has been cold here, which has resulted in Luke having a cold. And an ear infection. I can't wait for spring weather (nice spring weather, of course).
    I love the Good Wife too! I always just start "getting into" a show and it is already the season finale. URG!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!