Friday, January 23, 2015

Friday Quick Takes of Fun and Excitement (not really mostly)

1. Cross country travel

I got a package from my mom today. There wasn't a whole lot of importance in it but I was looking forward to getting it. My mom mailed it last Friday. Normally it takes 2 days for mail between us. We figured with the holiday on Monday that it would be here Tuesday.

Nope. According to the tracking my package went from my Mom's post office, to Saint Paul, to Mobile, Alabama, to Des Moines, to my post office and then to my house. The journey south added a few days to the delivery estimate.

I am just as perplexed as you why Mobile, Alabama.

2. Someone found her feet. 



3. Christmas will finally be complete

We like to stretch things out at our house. C opened his final toy yesterday. It had been unwrapped for some time but we opened the packaging so he could play with it last night. We made it almost a full month, not bad.

Tomorrow, our final present will be delivered. My parents got a us a new dishwasher. As someone who hates doing dishes and gave up paper plates for Lent last year, know that the past few months with no dishwasher has not been super swell. We are going to have all the messy foods this next week because I'm not going to be doing the dishes!

4. In Other News

I am officially a grown up! My Saintly parents, much to their chagrin and me draggin' my feet, had kindly kept me on their phone plan since August 2010 when we got married. But as of yesterday I moved off of the family plan and now have one of my own.

AND Husband finally after 5 years got rid of his flip phone and moved into smart phone territory. He has the phone I want. So I just use his sometimes and try not to covet.


5. Same as her bestie

Okay so they haven't met, yet, but I think M and Katharine  (take 5) look like they'd get along just dandy.


6. Sleep Strike

Someone (namely the 2.5 year old) has been on a sleep strike. Staying up late. Refusing to nap but falling asleep anyway then refusing to wake up! So today I planned an activity and movie during "quiet time" and we'll see how night sleeping goes. I will GREATLY miss the nap if it's gone but in the choice between a nap or a good night sleep I'm taking the night sleep all the way! 

7. I Read A Book! 

Not that reading is particularly newsworthy but I read a really good book this week! And I think you'll like it too! Look out for a review coming next week!

Linking up with Kelly because apparently that's what the cool kids do. 




1 comment:

  1. I am dying over the hippo picture! Oh my goodness that is too funny. Totally made my night. I definitely hope they will be besties! Congratulations on the new dishwasher. We are exact opposites in that respect. I hate dishwashers and think they add to much time to the process. We don't have one and I doubt we will ever get one - 1) no space and 2) I don't think I would use it. But we have talked about this before, washing dishes for me is therapeutic.

    It was nice talking with you earlier this week, even if it was under less than ideal circumstances. :(

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!