Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Morning Muffins

I could tell you about the amazing amount of housework I accomplished yesterday but I am not going to bore you with that. Let's just sum up yesterday by: a really good day in which C would not take a rest and got to the "I'm not going to listen and just run around because perpetual motion is the only way I am staying awake stage" around 7:15. I took him up and got him in pajamas and he promptly went to sleep. 

Also, we found this ridiculous Netflix movie (is it still a movie if it's an hour long, probably.) called Kitten Party. If you do not have a toddler who loves kittens or animals you'll probably not care about this one bit, but C LOVED it. One of the breeds of kittens who come to the party are the Ragamuffins. I like to say that word so I did. And someone thought that meant he was going to get a muffin. 

Well I was ill prepared to make muffins. I had literally just baked a cake and recently finished lunch so I told him he could have muffins today. He sure held me to my promise. 


Waiting for muffins to bake!

They're done!

Mid-process enjoying.


I am just glad we had Bisquick! That recipe is good when you have no muffin mix and don't have time to make America's Test Kitchen's blueberry muffins. Don't get me wrong, those are great but incredibly time consuming. These Bisquick  ones are way more like a muffin mix in flavor and take only a few more minutes than a mix. Perfect for those muffin promises you're always making.

4 comments:

  1. There's always time for muffins. And I still find it amazing how my kids cannot remember some really important thing I said, but remember the next day some thing I said "MAYBE" we'd do/make/create. They are crafty little people :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make banana oatmeal muffins all the time...so quick and easy and delicious, I'll have to post the recipe soon. You're a good mama!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!