Friday, January 16, 2015

Quick Takes. (There may be 7...)

Let's just dive right in shall we? 

1. Today is ACTUALLY Friday

All day Tuesday I thought it was Wednesday. 
It wasn't. 
This misconception continued for the remainder of the week. 
But I have checked my calendar and I am quite certain it is actually Friday!

2. Weekend Plans

Last weekend we traveled to the Husband's side Christmas celebration. It was surprisingly good. Except for it took up the entire weekend. I will tell you that life with 2 has gone really well. But I will also tell you that I NEED my weekends now. I need the recharge and my husband to be around to talk to etc. So I am very much looking forward to a typical weekend over here! Our big plans include grocery shopping and cleaning. We'd better watch out, the cops might shut us down for having too much fun! 

The drive I will not be doing this weekend. 

3. Babies in bows
I of course am not going to wax poetic about how my baby is going to be 3 months old next week and how that brings me to tears because she's so big already. I will however say that I love putting bows on her. She has more hair now than I had at one year so I am sure I'll get to do real hair soon enough but for now I am loving the headbands. Gah, I just love this little girl. 


4. The excitement of the week

We lost power yesterday for about an hour and a half. It wasn't too bad. It was daylight. The computer was fully charged and has a built in air card (thanks to Husband's company) so I reported it immediately and was still able to be online. Everyone put on a sweatshirt and the house only got down to 64 so not too shabby. That was about the most interesting thing that happened this week.

5. The other highlight of the week

We own M free and clear! Now I am kidding a little because I know they don't come and repossess a baby but it sure felt nice to pay off the hospital bills this week. I am SO glad she was all within 2014 and that the deductible didn't start over. (Because it went up $250 in 2015!) M cost a whole heck of a lot more money than C did. Like 11 times more than what we paid out of pocket for C. Yikes! Needless to say it was a huge relief to hit submit and know that it's all done! 


You'd think with the cost per paycheck it would have actually covered some more of it. 

6. The Book That Never Came

Ever since my sophomore year of college it has been my favorite task to try and buy textbooks at a cheaper amount that the bookstore. I got pretty good at it. I have continued this tradition and find my brother his books now. I ordered his books on December 20. By New Year he had all but one. That one which supposedly shipped on December 22 never arrived. I have never had that happen before. When I checked in with them about the location of the book last week before he went back to college they told me it was in Minneapolis on December 26 and would be to my parent's house shortly. My parent's live 21 miles from Minneapolis. So... I call BS. 

I ordered a new copy last Wednesday with Prime shipping and it was at the house 2 days later in time for him to go back to school and start his new semester this week. Today I am going to file a complaint and get my refund. The thing is I am so careful with Amazon Marketplace companies. I won't buy if they have a lower than 95% positive rating. But at least my brother had his book for his first day of classes! 

7. Go Link Up With Kelly 

I ran out of things. That counts though I am pretty certain! 


5 comments:

  1. Ah textbooks...I'm still waiting on some for my IR class

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love babies and bows as well! Although, I went a bit overboard (okay a LOT overboard with Elizabeth), so I have reigned it in a bit with Katharine, but I still love me some babies with headbands and fun bows. That being said, I am not sure if you found this to be true as well, but Wal-Mart has the best deals on headbands, bows, and barrette's. The price and the selection is far superior to Target (and I buy 99% of everything else at Target)…I am a Target groupie (oh and Amazon too), but as far as sourcing locally bows and other fun stuff like that - Wal-Mart is the place to go. Consider that your PSA for the day! Oh and seriously, when are we going to get together? Pretty soon K and M are going to be going to kindergarten and they will have never met…I consider that a travesty. Really, I do. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to mention I think E and C have a lot in common!

      Delete
  3. Glad your power came back quickly AND you had a fully charged battery! That would have been a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Normal weekends are GOLD, for real. Love the bows!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!