In the lane snow is glistening. A beautiful sight, we're happy tonight, walking in a winter wonderland. Aren't we lucky?! No really, I am about as not a fan of snow as anyone, really. But we made it to January without significant snowfall!! According to the weather service we got 6.7 inches. I'll buy that. When I shoveled last night we were at about 4.5 and there was a good 2 inches this morning yet.
Our school district is quite large and has some rural areas so it's a snow day here! With all the wind chill warnings we have going on I'm going to go ahead and call it for no school tomorrow too due to the cold.
Mini Miss over here is fully content to stay in footy pajamas all day and snuggle. It is really not all that different than most days but typically she wears an outfit during the day. While I did change her into this outfit this morning I picked one with feet because keeping socks on babies is a losing battle and it's too cold to not have something covering feet.
Apparently our children communicated to each other that they should be snuggled because it was cold outside because for a chunk of last night all four of us were in our bed. And we are not a co-sleeping family. Needless to say, neither Husband or I feel particularly rested today.
Other news around these parts is our winter clean out extravaganza. We've been sorting through boxes and figuring out keep/throw/donate piles to try and declutter. We've also been rearranging furniture and making plans. It's not the most fun work but it sure is exhilarating when it's done! Just feeling the weight of stuff lifting off your shoulders would be a drug if you could capture it. (Poor hoarders who don't know that feeling.)
If you need us, we'll be here cleaning and keeping warm!

Stay warm. No snow here (thankfully we don't ever get very much!) but tomorrow we're expecting unseasonably cold weather.
ReplyDeleteWe're venturing out today, much to my chagrin :)
ReplyDelete