Thursday, March 19, 2015

Animal Cams

Hello!

It's been quiet on the blog front this week for no real good reason. Monday was almost 80 degrees. Certainly an outlier for our March but we were not about to waste it. We didn't even nap! (Not for lack of trying but that's another story.) We played outside and had a really good time. I even managed to pick up a good chunk of the sticks that littered my yard.

Then real Spring weather set in but even those temps have been delightful! Anything beats cold at this time of year right?

But the real reason for lack of posting is that the computer has been all animals, all the time. Our local zoo, which isn't super great but way better than nothing at all opens next week. I was online looking to see when it would be opening and we looked at all the pictures and talked about it.

That led us down the rabbit hole of zoo web cams.

All zoo web cams are not created equal. The Sea World webcams are probably the best (because, hello for profit!) and include 3 different penguin cams, above ground, shallow and deep. Deep water is my favorite but the resident toddler prefers them "in the snow." *ahem* Above ground.

The Walrus cam at the Indianapolis Zoo has been down much to our chagrin. The National Zoo Panda cam is pretty good too. They clearly have someone sitting there following the Panda. Maybe some deal with China so they can be checked in on at all times, though how would you like that job? The web camera man for a Panda?

I can only vouch for the Elephant and Panda at the National Zoo because the others currently require Internet Explorer currently. I expect since IE is being phased out the other animals will be available as well.

The most elusive animal to capture via webcam is apparently the tiger. There are Tigers at the Minnesota Zoo but they've always been hard to spot because their exhibit is huge and has lots of places for them to hide. I am learning that tigers generally must not want to be witnessed much. I don't really blame them but for the sake of mothers everywhere doing this exact same thing I wish they would pop out every once in a while.

I hope you all have good Thursdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!