Sunday, March 22, 2015

Happy 5 Months!

Dear Little Girl,

Hi Honey! What a joy you've brought to us in such a short little bit. My heart just explodes when we lock eyes and you just beam at me. I love hearing your giggles and your "talking." I am slightly less fond of your Velociraptor screeches but at least you get your point across.

We have settled into a pretty good routine as a family. You fit in just perfectly. You continue to insist that dinner is a time for us all and demand to be right there in the action. We are happy to have you even if you are a little grabby. I have no doubt you will really enjoy "real" food next month.

It's amazing how I would bet even now that you are right handed. You just strongly prefer the right. I'm not sure how this will work teaching you to write but we will learn together. You are pushing up to your hands and sometimes your knees as well. You can get to most places by rolling and spinning but I know it won't be long before you are crawling around the house. I love watching you learn to sit. You do a very good job so don't let me tell you otherwise but it's still funny to watch you folded in half.
Showing off her planks. Practically a crossfitter.


The biggest fun of the past month has been you discovering the exersaucer. You were definitely more timid than you brother but now it is your favorite time of day. You can really get going rocking and bouncing, Of course chewing on the elephant is the highest priority and everything else is just gravy.
I love snuggling you. The highlight of my days is knowing that I can smell your baby smell and just kiss those smooshy cheeks. I could nom on you all day and sometimes I do. I legitimately missed my little barnacle last night during your sleep training. I know it will be good for us but it's a hard change for both of us.

How could you not want to snuggle that face?
"Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" is your jam. I don't know why but I am happy to oblige. You have officially gotten over the car seat hatred which is delightful.  You also met Elmo this past month and you are pretty sure that he is the bomb diggity or something else wonderful. I really enjoy watching you interact with your brother. You clearly adore him and just want to be part of the action. Soon enough little girl there will be no stopping you.

Currently you are holding steady in size two diapers and 3-6 month clothes. I bought you a pair of shoes for the summer in 6-9 month size (3) and they won't fit for a long time I don't think. But you could surprise us all and have a massive growth spurt tomorrow, who knows?
We are lucky to have you little girl and we love you so much. Happy 5 months!

Love,
Mommy



6 comments:

  1. Oh, sweetness. She is just lovely and I love reading your love letter to her. It's also pretty fun seeing what she's into because Rosie is just a couple months behind her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sweet. I love that smile and those cheeks. Thank you for sharing your cutie pie with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful baby! Happy 5 months!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!