We had a pretty spectacular weekend! All thanks to Beth! Well okay... not entirely but she sure helped even if she doesn't know it.
On Saturday we had our friends and their two kids over for brunch. A while ago, I remember reading about a breakfast dish that she made that didn't need very many eggs. After a little search it turns out it was almost 3 years ago but the recipe was still there and still great! It was very popular! We served it with a selection of fruit (grapes, strawberries and mandarin orange slices) as well as Cherry Almond Bread.
Cherry Almond Bread is pretty much delicious. It's moist and sweet with a really unique flavor. To repay the favor I will post the recipe here:
2 Cups Sugar
1.5 Cups Oil
2 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
3 Cups Flour
1 tsp Salt
1.5 tsp Baking Soda
1 can Almond Filling (by pie fillings)
1 Cup Sliced Almonds
1 Cup Cherries
1/4 Cup Cherry Juice
12 oz can Evaporated Milk
1.5 Cups Oil
2 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
3 Cups Flour
1 tsp Salt
1.5 tsp Baking Soda
1 can Almond Filling (by pie fillings)
1 Cup Sliced Almonds
1 Cup Cherries
1/4 Cup Cherry Juice
12 oz can Evaporated Milk
Mix in order. Bake at 325 for 60 minutes.
Makes 2 large loaves or 7 mini loaves.
Makes 2 large loaves or 7 mini loaves.
It is a really good brunch item as an alternative to a cinnamon roll or monkey bread. Not that those aren't good too, but it's nice to mix it up a bit. We had a really great time at our brunch.
Then on Sunday night we had a roast, because when Beth posted about the Mississippi Pot Roast earlier this week I was sold. And it was just as good as she said. As it turns out, one of my favorite cookies to bring to events or just to eat is also one I found through Beth's blog. The power of suggestion is very real folks. So if you've ever wondered if posting a recipe is worth it know I click and read them always. And sometimes they become crowd favorites!

Ha!! So glad these recipes worked for you!!!! It's been a while since I made those cookies. I should remedy that soon!
ReplyDeleteHa!! So glad these recipes worked for you!!!! It's been a while since I made those cookies. I should remedy that soon!
ReplyDeleteFood always brings people back!! All looks delicious.
ReplyDeleteFood ideas are a very good thing!
ReplyDeleteCherries & almonds? I'm sold!
ReplyDelete