Thursday, March 5, 2015

Do You Know What That's Worth?

The summer before junior year I worked at a day camp. I had been a camper there and did the whole CIT progression for a few summers before I was actually old enough to be there and get paid. I'm not going to beat around the bush here when I tell you that summer camp is my calling.

In real life I kinda dislike dirt and bugs and even nature a little. In camp world no one could get down and dirty like I could. I can do fake peppy "It's just a spider." like nobody's business. I know all the songs and I'm really loud. Plus I have a good memory so learning a bunch of new names every week and figuring them out? I was born for that.

But the best part about my sweaty summer job was coming home every day and taking a shower.

Somewhere towards the end of junior high I quit the bathroom I shared with my brothers in favor of my parent's en suite. Okay... the 3/4 bath off of their room.

That bathroom has a window. And in the late afternoon after the bus had dropped me off and I walked/rode my bike/scammed a ride home the sun came through that window perfectly into the shower. So those after camp, get the grime and lake and chlorine (lake for canoes, pool for swim) off showers were amazing. And I was still soaking up the Vitamin D.

I was even then slightly convinced that Heaven on Earth is a shower in sunlight.

So fast forward thirteen years and our house has a bathroom with a window. And in the afternoons the sun comes shining in perfectly. So today after nap time I did not put away the laundry or pick up any toys. But I took a shower, in sunlight.

And my early March, is it spring yet attitude got a little bit more in check. Not only am I clean but my soul is soaring. So I'll just be over here in the cold singing Belinda because seriously... Heaven on Earth.

5 comments:

  1. Love this!! I could almost feel the sunlight coming through the window!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! I could almost feel the sunlight coming through the window!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the little things we learn to enjoy and appreciate. And sunlight streaming in the window in the afternoon is definitely worth taking advantage of.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!