Friday, April 1, 2016

7 Not Fooling QT

one. It's Friday. It's April. I am not playing ANY April's Fools tricks today because I am gullible and don't really care for them.


Except I would be just fine if this was somehow true. 

two. Because it is April there are some exciting Scentsy things that I want to talk about.

It is Bring Back My Bar voting this month which means they have a list of retired scents and the 20 with the most votes will be available for sale in July. If you have no opinion at all use all five of your votes for Happy Birthday okay? (No registering or purchase necessary.) I love it and I have been warming it on birthdays but I am down to one cube. So... I am going to just vote for that a whole bunch. And Fresh Cut Grass because my dad actually keeps asking for that scent.



The warmer of the month is an adult coloring book warmer. It is so cute and I can't wait to color mine. It would be a fun night in for a group of girlfriends young and old! Or a fun gift. Sharpies are recommended and a little bit of rubbing alcohol will take it off so you can have a do-over if you're so inclined. At $31.50 in the month of April it is a steal compared to some of the wine and paint places, plus at the end you have a warmer and not a potentially mediocre art project you don't know what to do with. 

I really love Scentsy. I am not in this for the money, I swear. I just get so excited for these products and want to share the love. 

three. I am going to tell you a story. You should know that C loves taking baths and showers. Like it's right up there as one of his favorite activities. It was after bedtime and I had already taken a shower, but someone who was 3-years-old was still awake and talking in his room. So I went in to talk to him. 

C: Mom is this your hair?
Me: Yes. 
C: Did you take a shower? 
Me: Yes I did. 
C: Did you play with the fun toys? 
Me: No, I didn't. Grown ups don't really play with the toys in the shower.
C: Just children. 

I died. He was all excited and conspiratorial and really thought he was on to me. 

four. One of C's school friends had her birthday yesterday and they had a little party. It was so cute. They did a scavenger hunt and he was very proud of his goody bag and was super excited about going to the party. He had a really good time. 

five. So every year I make a basketball bracket. I should note here that I know basically nothing about basketball and on a list of all the sports it's ranked pretty much at the bottom of my opinion but over wrestling. (It's the squeaky shoes and the crazy repetitive back and forth with no discernible excitement.) Well I have no correct picks in the Final Four this year. But apparently I am right on par with most of the world so that's nice. 


six. Our niece has her golden birthday next weekend. We got her a 3 month subscription to Doodle Crate. If you read Grace you know she does Koala/Kiwi Crate with Julia and Sebastian. Doodle Crate is their arts and crafts box geared towards age 9-16. I am betting my niece will like hers a lot.

Anyway, they sent a link today where anyone shopping through it can get $10 off and then I could also get a $10 credit.  So I thought I'd throw this up there in case you have been eyeing getting a box to try and want a discount. We are probably going to get C a subscription for his birthday. They have a polar bear box in the Koala Crate set that looks exactly up his alley.

seven. Art class was fun today!


We played Play-Doh, had our snack of a bagel with cream cheese, made the shaker, (the thing wrapped in duct tape with glasses) an umbrella, a bird in a nest that suffered the loss of an eye in a stroller mishap and we played in the birdseed-filled water table. 

And now I need to make my minions some lunch so Happy Friday! 


1 comment:

  1. 1) You and Me BOTH!!!! But no such luck, huh? Ugh. I need to stop reading the articles that I see, they just keep getting weirder and weirder, actually more depressing is the word.

    3) How long do Scentsy wax melts last typically? I think I am inept at the whole wax melt craze. I just have a brand name one I bought at Wal-mart (maybe Better Homes & Gardens) and then I buy the Glade refills, but they don't seem to last more than a couple of days (the smell that is...I feel like candles last longer). The wax residue is still there, but it seems to lose its fragrance after a couple of days. Does that make sense? Anyway, any insights you could shed on this would be helpful. My DH is kind of anti-candle because of the soot issue on our walls (story for another time), but is okay with the warmer type things, so I am kind of looking around.

    6) Thanks for that recommendation. I think this might be a good gift for my Goddaughters, they are in that 6-7 year old range. So do you think the Doodle Crate would be too old for them? Are you getting the Koala/Kiwi crate for C? Does it matter which crate I get for you to get the discount? I am not in a hurry, but if I do order in the next few weeks, I want to make sure you get the credit.

    I hope you had a great weekend! It was crazy cold here yesterday, but then today it was super nice. Hope you got some of that as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!