I RSVP'd immediately and blocked it off and didn't give it too much thought. And slowly people started backing out. And I guess I figured it would be rescheduled. But Tuesday of last week, I started messaging back and forth and we decided to "screw the others, let's make our own fun!" So we did. I drove out to the greater Chicago area where two of my friends, Katie and Kristy live just minutes away from each other. (I swear I have friends whose names don't start with K.)
And it was glorious. We went out for lunch. We went to one of the houses, watched the Olympics and chatted. We went shopping for shoes and purses. We went out to dinner. We went back to the other house and had drinks and chatted. There happened to be a concert in the park and we could hear the music from the patio.
And we went to sleep way too late. It was like college again. And I had so much fun.
Yesterday morning we had a brunch and we went swimming. I am totally sunburnt but it was so worth it because we had so much fun. We've decided to make it an annual event and hopefully more of our friends can join us in the next ones.
![]() |
| Kristy, Katie, Me and Kristy's daughter Felicity. |

Sounds like a fun weekend!! It's always good to get a nice breather right before the crazy of school starts!
ReplyDeleteSo much fun !!
ReplyDelete