Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Read To Your Children

2016 has not been a good year in terms of celebrity deaths. But this one, stings a little more than most. 

Sadly, Anna Dewdney passed away over the weekend. Who? The author and illustrator of Llama Llama Red Pajama and all the other wonderful Llama books. 

She has asked in lieu of a funeral service that everyone read to their children. A simple request that I will have great pleasure in fulfilling. 

Reading aloud is not one of my favorite past times. We have LOTS of books and I swear we read daily, but maybe not as much as I could/should. As it happens, the Llama Llama books are among our favorites. I rather enjoy reading them and the kids love them. 

Plus, hearing Miss M say "yama" is one of the best things ever. So there's that. 

I am sad that there will be no more Llama books, but I am thrilled that we have wonderful books to remember Anna by. 

3 comments:

  1. OH! I had no idea!
    Thank you for sharing this.
    We adore her books...
    They are Fkynn's favorites.
    I will continue to read them and think of and pray for her each time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What???? I read this the other night and was bummed...those are some of our favorite books. It will definitely be bitter sweet reading them now. We even have the stuffed Llama with red pjs and the attached teddy bear. It is super cute and resides in Katharine's crib. It was Elizabeth's, but Katharine has taken a liking to it. Have you listened to any of the Read Aloud Revival podcasts? They are free on iTunes or over at Sarah Mackenzie's blog www.amongstlovelythings.com. They are really inspiring! I think there is even one about "what to do when you don't enjoy reading aloud". ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My granddaughters LOVE the Llama Llama books! And they love to have books to them more than pretty much anything. So this will be an easy request to fulfill. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!