Monday, January 23, 2017

My Thoughts On Monday

This weekend was productive. I woke up early on Saturday and went to clean C's school. Which I will be honest, I wasn't looking forward to at all, but it turned out to be incredibly satisfying. Husband and I both got the cleaning bug helped by the fact it was in the mid 50s and sunny. It was practically spring cleaning in January.

We even threw open the windows for a while to air out the house. It made such a difference. We cleaned the kitchen, cleaned and reorganized our closet and refreshed our bathroom. By refresh the bathroom I mean a new shower curtain and hand towels, nothing major. It was great to get a big bag of stuff to donate and a couple extra bags of trash to go out this morning for garbage day.

Our bathroom is small and doesn't photograph well. This is the new shower curtain.

I even deep cleaned my vacuum. Which was also strangely satisfying. I cleaned the filters and the dust bin. I used cleaner on the actual vacuum as well. Then I went on a WD40 kick and got the van door, oven door and vacuum wheels to glide easily with no squeaks.

It feels so good to be surrounded by clean. I say this as I sit in the living/playroom which is currently atrocious, because of course our efforts were spent else where this weekend and I couldn't vacuum because I was waiting for the filters to dry. Mark my words though, it will be clean by tonight!

In other thoughts of mine, my favorite moment of the Inauguration was during the parade. President Trump was talking to some big wig super decorated military person who I do not know, and Barron was watching the parade. Barron got very excited about the bagpipes and drums and excitedly tapped his dad on the shoulder to get his attention to watch it too. And our President, turned from the military man, looked at the parade and engaged with his son. It was a small moment really, but it humanized him and was wonderful. He did not ignore his (really super tall!) 10-year-old.

Also, let's talk about a headline I read this weekend that went something like "Will Melania be able to live up to the First Lady style?" This is the most ridiculous sentence I think I have EVER read. First off, she is the First Lady. So, literally, ANYTHING she wears becomes the First Lady style. Secondly, I am pretty sure even the fiercest opponents can agree that she is gorgeous. She's a model for goodness sakes. I feel confident that she is going to hold up the First Lady fashion show end of the bargain.

My kids are finally mostly healthy and we all breathe a sigh of relief at that! We still stayed home from music class today because she still has a bit of cough, and while I feel pretty sure she isn't contagious any longer, I don't care much for the side eye from other parents who aren't sure.

I hope you all had great weekends and are set for a good week! Happy Monday!


2 comments:

  1. So glad everyone is feeling better! And it is always such a good feeling to get everything clean - even though it doesn't last long! I need to purge more things from around here as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It sounds like you were quite busy and got a lot done over the weekend! I have tons on my to do list too! I love having everything clean and organized, but with kids and animals that seems to be a constant battle, lol ;-) Hope you have a great week!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!