My Friday night was the MOST exciting. Okay, no it wasn't. We baked a cake for National Chocolate Cake day and it was super delicious! I really wasn't feeling great so I just went to bed with the kids because Daniel Tiger has taught us that "When you're sick, rest is best." So I did that.
And I slept for about 12 hours straight. It was delightful. And I did feel a little better when I woke up which was good because I had to get myself to Dubuque, which is about an hour away for the Scentsy World Premiere! Scentsy rented out movie theaters across the country and had a simultaneous broadcast of a movie that was part inspirational, part training and part new product reveals!
![]() |
| This was from the Booking Blitz where everyone got 15 minutes to book some parties! Can you spot me? My BFF is going to have a basket party for me with the new catalog. |
We got a preview of the new catalog and got some testers of the new scents. Woah, I am SO excited. March 1 the new catalog and products are available and this girl will be ordering herself a pineapple warmer for sure!! The new spring and summer scents are great. I am always more partial to spring summer scents and this past month I have just been dying to get my hands on some! It was a great event and while I was a little unsure of what to expect I am pleased to tell you I did leave motivated but that I still promise to not spam you or beg you to host!
Saturday night was Chinese New Year so we all donned red and black clothes and ate some Orange Chicken, Chicken Lo Mein and Egg Rolls. After the kids went to bed we did our taxes and got those filed. Hopefully the IRS doesn't hold the refunds too long but I am happy to have held up my end of the bargain.
Yesterday was the start to Catholic Schools Week! We had a special Mass, school open house with book fair and pancake breakfast. We went and I took no pictures so that was kind of lame of me. But here is a picture of our yard sign reppin' the county's Catholic schools:
Last night I had my second book club of the week. (The first was Thursday night at our house!) I met my friends at a restaurant and we had a really nice dinner while discussing "The Girl on The Train." We decided it was creepy and sad.
Today was "Athletic Wear" day at school. Which is somehow different than "Favorite Sports Team" day and is definitely not pajama day. (Which is next week for some reason and don't ask me why.) I ordered C some pants from Amazon and they were SO big and didn't have a drawstring. He is so skinny! So I bopped into Target after book club last night and bought some sweat pants that did have a drawstring.
So just go with this as "Athletic Wear" okay?
I hope you had a wonderful weekend and are looking forward to a great week!




Your weekend sounds so fun!!!
ReplyDeleteYay for Chocolate Cake Day and Chinese New Year!
Happy Catholic Schools Week too...
My kids used to love that.
They loved the play in the snow and have hot cocoa day!
I loved the All School Mass. : )
I hope your little cutie enjoys every moment.
And you know...I had a day last week where I was super tired!
I slept forever, and woke up fine.
Anyway, have a great week. : )
How did I miss National Cake Day!!!!??? My husband and I were going to start this 21-day fix eating program...but I may have to celebrate cake, a few days late, before I start.
ReplyDeleteI was not a huge fan of The Girl on the Train either. It was just so dark, and yes, creepy and sad. I wanted to like it, because of all the hype; but I didn't.
I miss having little boys to dress up for the special Catholic Schools Week "days." Enjoy every minute of all of this--it's fleeting!