Friday, September 15, 2017

Fri-Yay (Yeah, I went there.)

It's Friday! Which is my most favorite kind of day. It especially sweet after a full week. I mean, first but certainly not last in "the good things" about Friday is that there is a new Mickey and the Roadster Racers today. Important stuff for the people in this house.

Picture lovingly borrowed from Disney Jr's Insta

Today was our first art class of the season. Because C has school in the afternoon he gets to take the class too. So we have certainly gone about as full circle as we can get. For the first time, I think ever, we actually did every single craft. I even let them paint. (Who am I?!)


Admittedly for stamping and painting I did utilize the paint shirts that Miss Erin brings every time. She is awesome and we love her. Her son is in C's class and she teaches at the big school in the afternoons. She also does Children's Liturgy of the Word once a month. Miss Erin rocks. Look at these cute crafts she comes up with!



Note my guy and his sorcerer Mickey, Donald and Goofy. My kid likes what he likes. It's going to make Friday mornings fun for us at least!

Which makes up for yesterday I guess. We had a plumber coming to fix the water heater because it is leaking from the top. Easy peasy right? Nope. Guess what we get on Tuesday? A water heater! Since we've lived here... almost five years we have gotten:
  • Washer and Dryer (this one we knew about since they weren't coming with the house) 
  • New Range
  • New Fridge
  • New Dishwasher
  • New Roof
  • And almost a New Water Heater
If you could all say a prayer for my furnace since it's pretty much the last appliance we haven't replaced. Though we have had to have a guy out twice to fix it so, seriously, we'd love a prayer for the furnace! 

The thing about yesterday is I was kind of whatever about the whole thing. Like, sure, I can think of a whole lotta other things I'd rather spend a bunch of money on. Couldn't everyone? But I love clean laundry and hot showers so it doesn't seem like that big of a deal. I didn't even care that Husband was running late and couldn't take C to school like he was supposed to. Really. I was rolling with it. 

But when I got a Diet Coke instead of a regular I just about broke down in tears. Why cruel world?! I mean, I know that is a first world problem at it's finest but expectations you know? And bleh, Diet Coke is not tasty to me so it was a rude awakening. 

But today certainly evens it all out. Except it's hot. And will be in 90s all weekend. Meh. I'll be here just going with it because there's no accounting for Mother Nature and her finicky behavior. Have a good one friends!

1 comment:

  1. Solidarity M!! I feel you on the appliance issues...our lists are almost similar. It just stinks. And yes, I totally know there are many worse problems in the world, but it has seemed to pile on, especially this last year for us. Just this past year we have had to replace both vehicles, the washer (started smoking 2 days before Christmas), the fridge, the furnace and the water heater - they did them together, long story, but it needed to happen, the toilet - yes, we only have one, kind of important. I will pray for your furnace. Could you pray for our dryer? I really don't want to have to replace that yet. Our roof is less than 10 years old and our stove/oven is about 5 years old, so hopefully they will work for awhile. But the dryer...it came with the house and Mr. B has been here 19 years. :(

    That art class looks super fun! Glad they can go together this year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!