Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Things I'm Thinking About

If you have a fan of Minnie Mouse in your house, then you probably already know she got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame yesterday. My house greatly enjoyed the video!!


This week Paw Patrol live is touring here and I know many many people who are super excited about it. I think we've watched that show once. I think there's a dog named Rubble? The roly poly one? Eh, I mean I am sure it's a cute show and all that but I just cannot commit to another fan base right now. From what I know of the merchandise is there's a big car or boat called a Paw Patroller and then lots of individual dogs on cars or something that go inside and you collect them all. So that's just a hard pass from my perspective. Thank you not having cable for letting me control what my kids know or not.

For whatever reason Star Wars is starting to infiltrate C's class and I also don't know anything about that. I *ahem* have never seen them. Not even the original trilogy which is really the middle part I think. My knowledge of Star Wars is a little more in depth than Paw Patrol but not by much. My brothers were properly horrified at Christmas when they went to see the new one which is like number 12 or something. We played a Star Wars trivia game and I guessed C every single time. I got a few right!

There's a discussion on Facebook of someone giving up Amazon for Lent.


While I can see the merit of that idea I genuinely don't understand the logistics. Do you keep your subscribe and save? I mean, only March's order would be affected but things like Pull-Ups (for night) and paper towels would still need to be purchased and does a Target run negate the whole thing anyway especially if it costs more?

What about Amazon music or video? Are those off limits? I mean, can you not talk to Alexa for the full 40 days?! Can you still use your Kindle? Obviously I assume you can't buy books but if you get a library book you still have to go to the Amazon website to check it out which I think would feel a little like cheating.

Clearly this is not a Lenten Sacrifice I could take on. Though it is probably time to start thinking about the plan should actually be. It is coming up so fast! I actually bought a Lenten devotional for the first time so maybe that will be my thing, just to actually focus on God and prayer? That may do more for my spiritual life than a sacrifice where I just get grouchy anyway? I will have to think on this some more.

Okay and last but not least, Chicago West. You have of course heard that is what Kim and Kanye named their baby? I was properly horrified at first too but there is a good point to be made that people are named London, Brooklyn, Savannah, Austin, Paris, Madison, Phoenix... so while I will always mourn the fact that they could have named a baby Wild, or Seattle Grace Mercy, I actually don't think it's as weird as it could be.

Have a lovely Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. Give up Amazon for Lent? No thank you! I prefer to add something instead of giving something up anyway. This year I'm doing Blessed Is She's Lenten study. Hopefully it will be just what I need!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!