It has been a week. Wow, am I glad it's Friday. Tonight I am heading out with some friends to go play trivia. I am not particularly good at Trivia but I am looking forward to being a grown up!
C rebounded from his sickness quickly. He was mad I made him stay home from school. But M spent three full days as a little feverish baked potato snuggled next to me.
She did not leave my side for 3 days unless she was asleep in her bed. It was mentally exhausting. I was getting worried about her and made an appointment for this morning but she woke up right as rain. I feel a little guilty going out tonight mostly because Husband and I have both been busy with something every night but it's going to be fine. Because I need a break!
We made it to art class this morning which was nice.
M was not super thrilled with me taking a picture of her snack. But it was so cute!!
This weekend we have a soccer game and Mass (on Saturday because it's First Communion this weekend so we will leave them room.) plus it's the Kentucky Derby! Woohoo! I am excited. C picked his horse. He has a 4 year "pick the winner" streak but I think this year that will come to an end.
I feel like 98% of the people I follow on Instagram or blogs have not only received One Beautiful Dream but read it already. I am sure it's great. I'm going to let you in on a secret though? I never read Jennifer Fulwiler's first book. So... I feel like if the universe plops the book in front of me and I win a copy, I'll read it. But I haven't won yet so I'm just going to wait on the universe.
Our Natives arrived today! Just in time. It's been in the 80s and we didn't have summer shoes in our right sizes. The feet on these kids of mine just keep growing! But now we have shoes that don't necessitate socks, which is a good thing certainly. The kids picked different colors this year, C picked green and M will be rocking the purple. And, yes, green Natives is an exercise in me letting go. Because they're green. And the navy blue ones could be dressed up a bit. And I liked how they look. But... I am not the wearer and he has had four years of the blue so for summer number five he can pick green if he wants.
Happy weekend! Hope it's lovely!



Glad your babies are on the mend!!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd here's a secret...I had to look that book up, because I never heard of it!
I haven't read her first book either.
No hate. Just...meh.
And you are so sweet to remember about Flynn's dandelion pictures!
If I don't find some in a relative's yard, I may have to sneak back to my old house, right????
I read her first book and it was fine. I wasn't planning on getting her second one but everyone is raving about it so I might reconsider.
ReplyDeleteGlad the kiddos are feeling better!