Hello! I know you are all totally sick of my awful swimming lessons pictures. (I am too if we are being honest, but these are as good as I can get and I am going to talk about swimming with or without a bad picture so...) Anyway. M can swim! I've been spending most of the lesson times watching C because it's a new level for me to observe. He's doing well.
But I bopped back over to the little pool and I couldn't find M. Because she was underwater swimming.
I am so proud and she is hecka cute doing it! Yay little girl!Last night I hosted book club. We read Flying At Night by Rebecca Brown. I have written about it before. But it's a beautifully written book that really looks at the power of change and forgiveness. It's fiction. Rated R for language. It spoke to me though and I enjoyed it.
In it, the character Fred turns 10 and they have a birthday party for him. So that's what I did for book club.
A bakery cake. (Because I love bakery cake the best and that's what they did in the book.) Some chips, salsa, fiesta dip, guacamole, grapes and water. Simple. Some random dinosaur toys, books and a little bit of fun with my diffuser and a banner really drove the point home.
I don't know if you can tell but the diffuser was on so it was "smoking" a bit making the "volcano" especially fun. It was an inspired moment to be sure.
It's always fun to get new books you can keep! (Plus kazoos and sunglasses!) We borrowed Lady and the Tramp from the library for family movie night. Which is a movie we have been meaning to try anyway and I am loving the free of it!
The weather here is AMAZING. With lows in the upper 50s and highs in the 70s it 100% does not matter that our air conditioner is acting up! (Whomp whomp. And heading into August, it just isn't going to happen.) But I am happy to enjoy this glorious weather while it's here! It's so nice to kick the kids to the yard when it's not super hot and you have to make sure they take water breaks and stay cool enough and all that.
I am wishing you a wonderful last weekend of July friends!




Why are we not neighbors???
ReplyDeleteLove the library for books and movies.
And is that Peppa Pig???
Because she is AWESOME.
Happy Weekend!