Monday, July 23, 2018

In My Own Little Corner...

You. Guys.

Look!


I am ridiculously giddy over THAT wall because it is the first time in YEARS I've seen it. I wish I was kidding. I wish that it didn't make us seem so unmotivated. So let's not focus on that and just recognize that out of sight is out of mind, and if your toddler, (C. It was C!) somehow makes a hole in your plaster wall, hiding it behind a bookshelf is not the way to go.

Years. Years. Then we got the bookshelves at Ikea on Black Friday. And so the hole has been hiding behind the Lego bin. And it was always something on the honey-do list that just never seemed as important. Because out of sight, out of mind.

But like two weeks ago Husband plastered over it. This week I moved the Lego to the basement just so we would have to see the plaster spot. And yesterday we finally got the matching paint and painted over the repairs and it just looks like a wall!! A bumpy 98-year-old wall true, but where the hole was is smooth as butter.

If you take a passing glance at the wall... you would never know. We have our Invest in Marriage group coming over this week, and book club too so I am super excited to debut our wall. Which will almost certainly go unnoticed and that is okay. Because I know! And I am going to be happy about it enough for everyone!

1 comment:

  1. It's always the little things that bring the greatest joy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!