Hello! It's Friday which is awesome.
I am seriously trying not to wig out about how fast this summer is going. Because we are only 33 days away from the first day of school!! Yikes!
Luckily there isn't too much to do beforehand. Our school partners with 1st Day School Supplies (not an ad) and so my kid's school supplies were bought and paid for in May. I know that August is one of our tightest months financially and I thought that not having school supplies to worry about would help us out. That was excellent foresight! Between car registrations, AAA, school fees and then just normal stuff, August will remain a lean month.
During the 4th of July Old Navy had uniform polos for $6 so I bought 6 and figure that's perfect. Then not two weeks later they had them on sale for $3 so... whomp whomp. But it was still a sale so that's good. Uniform pants and shorts have also been purchased so other than a pair of new shoes we are set. And I'm not a fool, I am waiting until right before school starts to commit to a shoe size!!
I've also got my eyes set on school starting because that weekend is the first free weekend I've had since the first weekend of May. (Not complaining because, for the most part, I am really enjoying this gig!) I have two shows to see this weekend, one to review and one just for fun. And guess what? Husband is going with me to BOTH! So far, we are 1/13 of the shows I've seen this summer, and it was when we saw Knuffle Bunny. So he just met us for an early lunch since it was during the day and not far from his work!
But tonight! We are going out! We are seeing Mama Mia. (The stage musical not the new movie though I wouldn't be opposed to that either.) It's at our local dinner theater and so we get dinner included. Which is cheap-y buffet food but whatever. It's FREE! (Because I am reviewing.) Plus it is big spender night at the theater, a special performance reserved for their subscription patrons and we will get a glass of champagne with dinner too. Snazzy!
And tomorrow we are going to see The Glass Menagerie. This one is the "fun" show. We have lots of friends who've worked on it and we are excited to see it.
Two dates in one weekend?! Who do we think we are? Don't worry, we will promptly go right back to not having dates or paying for babysitters real quick.
Next week swim lessons start back up again so that's fun. So there's what's up with us! I hope you've also got a good weekend ahead!


Look at you all ready to go!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd one smart mommy you are!
Enjoy your date nights.
And the remaining summer days!!