Thursday, August 9, 2018

Joyful!

Everyone likes to feel needed. Right? Well, you know how you always find yourself saying "If there's anything I can do to help let me know." or is that just a Midwest thing? But no one ever asks for help?

Well, yesterday I got to help my college roommate and I am really giddy over it, to be honest. My friend was in labor and her daughter came to my house. Now she and M are within months of each other so they play together so well, so it was basically just hosting an extended playdate but still.



It was such an honor to know my friend was in labor before most of the people in her life. And I have spidy-sense I guess because I sent a "your oldest is doing great--do not worry" text to my friend's husband. (Because you know, labor is stressful and while I wouldn't want to bother her phone with a text, if worry over how her daughter was doing was a part of that stress, an update may have been nice.) And I heard back right away that the baby had just been born! So exciting!!

And while it may be silly to be so excited about helping, it's nice to be needed and helpful. So there's that. :)




2 comments:

  1. How exciting!! A new baby!! I'm sure your friend was extremely grateful you were able to watch her oldest and the fact that it brought you such joy is the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are officially an awesome friend/mommy/adult!!!!
    So fun!
    Yay you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!