On Saturday Husband and I went on a Marriage Booster Retreat.
We dropped the kids off at his Aunt and Uncle's house where they spent the day playing outside, with the dogs, reading books, playing toys and even a fancy lunch out to Buffalo Wild Wings. They had a good time.
And here is a backlit crazy picture of the two of us on our retreat. Where we had a good time.
Our Parish has a year-long program going this year called Invest, where we meet with small groups monthly to discuss all sorts of topics for us to invest in our marriages. The group offered this booster retreat as an additional option and we are so glad we did it!
We played games, we laughed, we listened to speakers and we were given ample time to just talk by ourselves. And this room was filled with other couples, some married 30+ years, some under 5 years, who were reconnecting and discussing and finding joy in each other.
Husband and I won the charade game, we guessed 31 things in the allotted time. And then we were brought to the front to demonstrate our mad skills. They gave Husband a hard word. And just as they were about to pull the plug... I got it.
I wasn't getting it at all. Then he mimed a tower and Rapunzel and I said "Rapunzel Rapunzel let down your hair, oh AGONY!" Because that was the word he was given. Agony. But I got it. Shocking the entire room. And the man running the retreat, Pete, was utterly flummoxed. People came up to us the rest of the day asking how we managed that. We won a prize, a travel mug, and a chocolate bar.
In case you're wondering how we got from Rapunzel to Agony... it's from Into the Woods. Here's the movie clip.
It was such a good weekend and I am so glad we said yes to the opportunity to take time together on this retreat. If there's an option like this in your neck of the woods I'm going to go ahead and tell you it's worth it!!


Very impressive!! And you guys are just the cutest! Glad you had such a good experience at the retreat!
ReplyDelete