Monday, February 11, 2019

Classroom Valentine Exchange

It's that time of year again when I get a wild hair to make really unique Valentine cards for the school exchanges. This year, I admit I just stole an idea from Oriental Trading Company.

Their's looked like this:


Fun. Not sugary. Cutesy poem. But not actually that cute. And furthermore, they are $9.99 for 12. In order to get them for my kids, I would have to buy 3 packs. That adds up pretty quick.

So I did what I've done every other year we've done Valentine cards... I had Husband design some. And then I bought 36 straws on Amazon for $9.99. It looks like the price has gone up just a little since I bought them but nevertheless, I needed 35 and that's a huge savings.

And I think ours are so much cuter! I did change the poem ever so slightly.



Obviously, my walrus boy is giving out the walrus ones, and my cat girl is happy to pass out the cats.


2 comments:

  1. These turned out so cute! And yes, what a HUGE savings over the boxed version!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodnesss!!!!!! These are adorable!!! You could definitely sell these designs in in an Etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!