Friday, March 1, 2019

March

Oh, March. You're here. With the hopeful promise that maybe you will bring Spring at some point?

I have a feeling it is going to be a long month. Next week we start our new school schedule to make up all the hours we've missed. So school is going to be 20 minutes longer each day. We start 10 minutes earlier and end 10 minutes later. Plus, we are not going to have early out Wednesdays anymore.

Luckily we have one week to practice this new schedule and then spring break which I am thankful for because seriously, 7.5 hours of school every day is a lot for a kindergartener. We sure have had an interesting introduction to school.

Yesterday C got in the car after school and very seriously said, "I'm sorry Mom. It's March tomorrow. so we are doing Dr. Suess." Which cracks me up.

I am not a Suess fan. At all. We do own some, and I realize I cannot prevent my kids from these lessons plans because the only author in the world worthy of celebration for a month is Dr. Suess. (I'm kidding. I know it's his birthday and all that.) We'll see how in depth the class gets. The next unit is China so maybe Dr. Suess is more of an afterthought.

Today is a good day to have a good day. Happy Friday!


3 comments:

  1. I always prefer the P.D. Eastman books to the one's written by Dr.Suess. I think Dr. Suess was most likely high when he wrote his books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your son's apology...<3. That's the kind of thing my firstborn might have said.

    Dr. Suess really did write some weird stuff. I think I agree with Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! My mom always disliked Dr. Seuss and we did not own any of his books growing up. My mom is a teacher, too. Love that your little guy apologized to you for it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!