Friday, March 20, 2020

Finally Friday

Well, we made it to Friday. That's good.



I think the stir-crazy has set in. It's been rainy and gross so we haven't been able to get outdoors which is not ideal. Today is going to be cold but we will go out if even for a few minutes because we just have to.

It's weird since Husband still has to go to work. On some level, the kids don't really see how this is much different than a normal break. Except we've seen no friends and done none of the fun things we had talked about doing for Spring Break.

Our school plan is that there will be some sort of organized time to go pick up stuff at school on Wednesday. That gives the teachers 2 days to make packets and figure everything out. Everyone is doing their best and I am not worried about the school part.

M is a total extrovert so she is not doing so hot with the whole isolation thing. She is stuck to us all like glue.

C is a total introvert and isn't getting enough alone time so he's freaking out about all the things.

It's been... fun.

Wednesday I snuck out in the evening to go to church. Some of my rosary group met for a rosary in the sanctuary.

We were 8 in total and we all sat very far apart!


I almost cried walking into church though. I miss it so much already! I so appreciate the posting of daily mass for us online, and the live rosary is wonderful too. It's not the same but I will take what I can get. They've also been doing an evening devotional, so that's been nice. 

I am trying to figure out a meal plan for the next week. All the grocery stores have limited hours which is super annoying to me. I totally get it. And I will not order grocery pickup as requested since we can shop normally. But because Husband still has to go into work, and I can't take the kids out because that's irresponsible, there aren't a whole lot of options on when to actually go shopping! 

What's on your menus? What obvious meal am I not thinking of? 

Okay, well, if you need me, I'll be around. The good news of social distancing is that people are blogging. I like that. 

1 comment:

  1. Chili is always good - if you don't have enough meat, add more beans! My husband is also still going in to work although that may change soon so it feels like his life is still normal but the kids lives are totally different. We are in for a cold wet week so I am just hoping that we can keep our spirits up through that - the kids are like me and get really down if we don't have sunshine. Saturday was gorgeous - sunny and in the upper 70s which makes today - cloudy and in the mid 50s seen so horrible. Add in 100% chance of rain tomorrow and we are going to be a bit mopey I'm afraid. I'm glad you got to pray the rosary and I hope you can figure out a good time to get your groceries.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!