Friday, March 27, 2020

What's Up?

This week has been full of ups and downs. I am so thankful that we are safe at home and things seem be going pretty well. We've struggled a little adjusting to this new normal but all within the range of what you'd expect.

Things that have made life sweeter include a social distancing safe flower delivery from a friend.


I have my kids writing a letter to a friend every weekday. It's like social distancing connections, this week has been fun for the kids to get mail back from some of their friends.

When my parents came to visit 2 weeks ago, before the world shut down, they brought us a Super Nintendo. So the kids are slowly learning how to play some video games. They still bounce when Mario or Luigi do and they lean to the side. It's been super cute to watch.


Wednesday we picked up the school stuff. And it was the first time I really mourned the end of the school year as we know it. While I hope and pray we can go back to school this year, I just don't think it's super likely. The school sent home ALL of the everything. There is nothing in the classrooms that belongs to my children anymore. 

It was heartbreaking. It just became real. What really hit me was C's teacher sent home a birthday certificate for his end of May birthday. It took my breath away. 

Husband points out that they just don't want to have a pick-up event later if we don't go back but we can easily send in our supplies again if we need to. 


The teachers are so cute, they asked for pictures of the kids with their work if possible. And both kids have emailed their teacher their work. 



All in all though, we are good! I hope you are as well!! 


2 comments:

  1. Our teachers here in Illinois can't even enter the buildings! Anything my kids have in the public schools is inaccessible. (The public schools had no warning about the shut down order by the governor was coming). The Catholic school had sent everything home a few weeks ago (was that only 3/13 - two weeks? it seems like forever) as they were planning a week off and a dry run of e-schooling. So the elementary kids are set.
    Not every class is as active online though. My son's kindergarten teacher parked in the windy and cold parking lot last week with 9 weeks of work for the kids (bagged for each week). I hope we're back before then . They said the public schools might open by 4/8, and the Catholic schools by 4/14.
    I'm glad your stay at home is going well. I just wish this Midwest weather would get better! Rain or cold or both every day this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad things are going as well as possible. Same here. Bot having an end date is the worst part.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!