Saturday, March 6, 2021

Catching Some Leprechauns

 Kindergarten has been tasked with making Leprechaun traps. M came up with an idea that we thought was pretty darn cute and I think we all executed it quite well. If I do so humbly say. I don't think there is a prize for the best Leprechaun trap but I also am feeling good about winning if there was such a thing. 

Super humble mom over here. 

Anyway... if Leprechauns are attracted to shiny and sparkly and the color green... I think we've got it covered. 


The front of the Leprechaun movie theater. With a gold coin for bait obviously. 


It's a theater for Leprechauns only. So no humans allowed basically. 


There's an "emergency exit" to offer a false sense of security. It's tricky because there is no door there. 


Coming soon is "The Quiet Man" which is one of the best Irish movies as you probably know. And if you don't, go ahead and watch it this year because it's pretty darn great. 


The inside is the only part we haven't quite finished since we are waiting for the glue to dry to hold the chair in place. We will be putting Irish popcorn (popcorn and Lucky Charms) in the cup for a movie treat. There will be a loop of tape on the chair so that when the Leprechaun sits down to enjoy his snack and viewing of "Darby O'Gill and the Little People" he will get stuck and trapped. 

But humanely since it's just tape and with a snack. 

And the best part is that the whole thing cost $6 and our time and effort. Plus we got to go to the Dollar Tree. Which is always a fun adventure. So I am feeling pretty great about that too. 

If it doesn't catch a Leprechaun, at least it's cute and creative. 

Happy March! 

1 comment:

  1. If there is a prize this would definitely the winner! So cute and creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!