Monday, March 22, 2021

The Spring Break That Wasn't

 So Husband and I didn't go anywhere for Spring Break. But the kids did! They went to my parent's house for the week! 

This was honest to blog the first time Husband and I had been home alone overnight without our kids since C was born. And not going to lie... it was so nice. The kids had a blast and Husband and I got a week of date nights and going to bed super early and feeling extremely well-rested. (Not worrying about the kid's wellbeing was so freeing!) 

And the kids did so much fun stuff! And they really enjoyed being away for a week. 


They did the one-year anniversary lunch doodle. 


They liked the new pajamas that I sent up there to surprise them with. 


M loved spending time with the cat. 



And the leprechaun played all kinds of tricks on them but left plenty of fun behind too, like this ring pop.


The kids really enjoyed their St. Patrick's Day! 


They also went to the fun car wash, and while that might not sound super exciting... it was. 

Husband and I went out one night and we had dinner and we didn't look at our watches once. We didn't need to get back to a babysitter or have somewhere to be right after. We didn't need to eat quickly before the kids got too restless. It was GLORIOUS. And I took exactly NO pictures because we were in the moment. 

So... nope, we didn't travel for Spring Break. But it was still a break and all was well. 

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like the perfect spring break! Everyone had fun and you got a lot of quality time with your husband. Maybe a new tradition?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!