Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Happy Birthday to My Boy!

 


Oh my Goose,

9. 9 is halfway done, but I cannot dwell on that because where would that get us? This past year was full. Full of your joy. Full of your passion. You still feel your feelings bigger than those around you and that can be difficult sometimes. But watching you grow never gets old. You are my best snuggle friend forever and I am so thankful you are mine.

Your faith is so big and watching you learn about Jesus this year is probably my favorite. Not only did you rock first reconciliation but your first communion as well. I only teared up a little at the enormous occasion. To be there with you as you received Jesus for the first time felt really big to me. And you looked so stinkin’ handsome.

You still like things the way you like them. And you crave alone time more than most kids your age. I love watching your imagination. You can entertain yourself with just a few things. If I could bottle up that imagination I could make a fortune but you’re just you. What a gift it is to know you and love you.

This year as I transitioned to working you didn’t like it as much. You have never been a big fan of change and so it doesn’t surprise me that you would have feelings about this one. Never mind that Dad was home with you the whole time. This summer is bound to be an adventure as we navigate what that looks like.

Your first all day program, swim lessons, your first time going to sleep away camp. No matter what though I will be here rooting for you, praying for you and being your biggest fan.  Like I always say, Jesus loves you the most and then Mom right behind. That’s it. I am happy to take second place to Jesus but I still love you more than anyone on Earth. And today is your birthday.

It stinks that you are sick today and couldn’t celebrate in school. I know that was important to you. But I think you are enjoying being at home and playing on your birthday more than you’d let on. Besides, you can bring in those cosmic brownies tomorrow.

9 is bringing you big responsibility with your first pet today! I already love how you love your Betta fish that we haven't even gotten. You're going to be a good pet owner for sure! 

Happy Birthday C! I love you!!


Gotta sneak in a first thing in the morning birthday present! 


2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your boy!!!!!!
    Such a beautiful birthday post you wrote for him.
    You are an awesome mommy, my friend.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to C! The next 9 years will go by much faster than the first but I promise you they will be just as delightful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!