Friday, February 3, 2023

Catholic Schools Week Wrap Up

 Catholic Schools Week has been a fairly good one. We have been in school all week with no late starts, snow days, or anything. I thought for sure we'd get a 2-Hour Late start today for cold but we did not. Apparently, -30 windchill isn't that dire. 


I did a terrible job documenting all the theme days and events. So just go with me on this journey. Sunday was Open House! It was the first one since COVID and it was fine. Turns out I didn't miss it as much as I thought I had. This is probably because I work in the school one night a week for Religious Ed so it's not that exciting to see the work that I see once a week. I did take pictures next to their work. 




Monday was pajama day. I took no pictures. Tuesday was Sports Day! A popular theme. And my crew looked cute in purple. 


Just like everything at our school and in the nation. You know, I am not anti-sports but it really ticks me off that the majority of the "fun" activities at our school's Catholic schools week are sports-related. Dodgeball! Basketball! Volleyball! 

Wednesday was bright colors day. Just trust me they were bright colored. 


It was also the teachers vs. 8th grade volleyball game and it was awful. The gym was so loud. I was warned. Every adult took the headache meds of their choice about a half hour before. But it was absolutely deafening. Every pair of noise cancelling headphones the school had was out and there were still 20 kids in the hall who couldn't handle it for another second. 



For the 33rd year in a row, the teachers won. I actually did not play because I would not have helped that cause much. 

Yesterday was Go Make Disciples Shirts Day. 



It was also all-schools mass day. 1400 Catholic school peeps in a gym was a super cool experience. 


Some times at work especially I feel down about the lack of evangelization and our school attendance vs. Mass attendance. Then we get to a Mass setting like this and I can visibly see the good we are doing. 

Today is Spirit Day. And I took no pictures. So just go with me on it. God bless Catholic schools.

2 comments:

  1. Love Catholic Schools Week! Glad your little saints enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids always enjoyed Catholic school week. Some of the days are definitely less exciting that others though. I hope it's warming up where you are!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!