Sunday, October 22, 2023

Happy Birthday Baby!

Happy Birthday Baby, 

When I was pregnant I prayed for a blue-eyed little girl. Such a vain, selfish prayer that was answered nine years ago today. You are my very best girl, and even though sometimes you drive me absolutely up a tree I don't take even one day with you for granted. 

You have the sweetest tooth which is perfect for my sweetest girl. This past year you have soared! With First Communion, the first full week away at summer camp and figuring out your passions and interests the growth you've had is amazing. Talking with you nearly never gets old and you've become quite the conversationalist. (Admittedly, when you get into one of your "Why" chain of questions it becomes tiring.) 

One of the very best parts of you is your incredible heart. You are so kind and personable. I can appreciate so much that you're not in the "popular" group (for whatever that really means in third grade) but are someone they respect. You have never had a playdate you haven't wanted to go on and are still so social. You're also incredibly observant and able to tell who needs to be cheered up. You're also a huge fan of Elowyn the recess baby. Pushing her around the playground is your favorite way to spend the half hour and I can see how caring you are naturally. 

It makes me so happy that even though I can see glimpses of your grown-up self peeking through, you still play with Barbies and dolls. I hope you continue to do so for a long time. I know I say it a lot and it bugs you when I sing "Never Grow Up" to you, but really, take your time. The adult world comes with a lot of responsibilities and playing Barbies is a lot more fun let me just say that. 

You still love purple, strawberries, pancakes, and art. But you've for sure come into your own as a Swiftie this year. I love that we can share this fandom together. I am so sorry I couldn't take you to the Eras Tour for real, I promise I tried my absolute hardest. Going to the movie together yesterday will be one of my favorite memories forever, I had the best day with you. 

I love to boop your nose and kiss your cheeks. Any time I can hug you or snuggle you it's my favorite. You are just one of my absolute favorite people to be around and I am so so lucky that God gave you to me. 

Happy 9th birthday! 

Love, Mom 

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to sweet M! She sounds like a best friend for life, Mama. (She shares a birthday with our oldest, who just turned 40. 😊)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 9th birthday! Last year of single digits forever, and sounds like it was a great day for her. Daughters are such a treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your girl! She sounds so very precious. And you are a wonderful Mommy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!