Friday, October 13, 2023

Nothing to Show For It

This week was full and busy and I have nearly nothing to show for it. So here's a few things out of my photos. 

This made me laugh this week. And a bunch of my friends laugh. Maybe it will make you laugh?


I agree wholeheartedly with this sentiment too. 


Wednesday was our big monthly family night at church/school/parish. I took a picture of my girl by her desk. She wanted to show us the story the class wrote about her in Spanish. 


I never took Spanish but I think I figured out what it says. I genuinely don't take for granted that they start Spanish in kindergarten at our school. Many of our graduates skip directly to Spanish 2 in high school and that is such a great thing. 

Yesterday, I realized very late in the afternoon that one of the high school's Homecoming is this weekend and that meant their homecoming parade was yesterday. The parade begins and ends at the elementary school that is about 6 houses away from my house. So the neighborhood gets CRAZY and crowded. 

I was taking the kids to the theatre for rehearsal and then going home to wait for the carpool to bring the kids and we would go to soccer. But with the crowds, I decided to go home and grab all the soccer stuff and then just go and park at the theatre and kill time. So I went to the Mexican restaurant down the street.

I got to eat chips, drink a margarita, and read my book. I believe some people call that self-care. It was incredibly satisfying. A total win-win, since going home and trying to leave would have been a headache anyway. 



After we got M to soccer, C and I went on an EPIC adventure. We needed to go get a study guide from his desk. But we were thwarted many times. I did get to snap a picture of his artwork,


And we were in fact successful in getting the study guide which we specifically went to take a picture for his best friend who also forgot hers at school. Fingers crossed the science test goes well for them both. 

And today is Friday! And it's the weekend! Yay! 





2 comments:

  1. Yay Friday! And self care for the win!!!!!! P.S. Your little girl is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margs and chips for the win!!!! What a wonderful way to treat yourself. Have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!