Hello friends! It has been a while.
Since I last recapped Thanksgiving, my family went to see Wish. I know it got terrible reviews from critics.
To that I would say they aren't Disney people. We loved every single second. All the Easter eggs and references through the credits... we loved it. And C was DELIGHTED to get the star popcorn bucket!
It also snowed for the first time of the season. I am officially a snow grinch because I absolutely hate it. It has since melted but I was a grumpy grump about it.
Here are my two and my bonus kid as I dropped them off for opening night.
Annie Jr. is a good show for us. It's the one show that I directed professionally, with a bunch of kids. And Husband acted in it professionally during his summer stock summer. So we know this one backwards and forwards.
M was the cutest little orphan. And I loved watching her personality shine!
And C was a fantastic Rooster. He put in so much effort learning "Easy Street" and really singing it out while dancing. It was his first big singing/dancing role, in the past, he's been the supporting nonsinging character. I am not going to lie, there were even tears during the rehearsal process. But gosh he was so so good at it. I know we are biased, but many people saw him and said that. Even people we didn't know.
We are so very proud. And he even commented about how he could feel like his hard work paid off. Which isn't that the best lesson we could give him anyway?
My brother-in-law and family decided to come see the kid's show and then on Saturday we took them to the museum. We had a good time.
We wrapped up the final show yesterday afternoon, in the cast of 52, 9 were from our school. I just love this little group of kiddos and I am so glad they had this opportunity.
That's where we've been and what we've been up to.










I could feel their greatness from the photos. How wonderful that you have found a place where C can SHINE especially when it's a stage which would typically terrify a lot of people. Proud of your kiddos from afar!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to C!!!!!! I'm a snow grinch too so I feel your pain
ReplyDelete