Wednesday, December 6, 2023

St. Nicholas Day and an Ode to Pajamas

St. Nicholas's feast day is here and don't worry! He delivered!


M hilariously set out her Crocs because "My school shoes are stinky and I don't want a note telling me that he can't put stuff in stinky shoes." 

There's a book for each kid, chocolate coins. Each kid also got their Christmas pajamas, which I am noticing the glare on the plastic doesn't let them show up very much but trust me. They're there. 

Last Christmas I got M some pajamas that I happened to find online. Honestly, she had on her Christmas list "Frozen Pajamas" so that was the main motivation. I ended up on the Little Sleepies site and they had cute ones. (They no longer have Frozen ones though just FYI.) 

Anyway, M LOVED these pajamas. They're bamboo so they're very light. She is a hot sleeper so she really appreciated it. So when Easter rolled around I got her a short-sleeved/shorts pair. And I created a monster because they're the only pajamas she likes. So we started shopping sales and now pretty much all her pajamas are Little Sleepies. 

I admit, that the kids and I are firmly "pajamas can only be worn one night" people. There are many schools of thought. You do you. That's just how we roll. (And why M has so many pairs, because summer camp where I couldn't wash them frequently.)

Now Black Friday rolled around and they released a new cute design with little pasta shapes. Here's the thing: M actually doesn't like pasta. I know. I don't get it either. My mom, raised in a Sicilian household cannot with that. But it's true. Husband even came home and handmade ravioli last night for dinner and she begrudgingly ate them and lamented the entire time. 

So I bought myself a pair. Because it was a really good sale, the best I've seen, and these are fairly expensive pajamas. 

They came and oh gosh do I see what the hype is about. They're GREAT! I love them. I wasn't hot or cold at any point. And they're so comfortable. The Saint Nicholas Day pair is C's first shot at these pajamas so we'll see how he likes them. He is not a hot sleeper but does tend to load up with 17 blankets and pillows and then overheat so I have a good feeling about them. 

And now I am going to keep watching sales for more for me! 

This is a very long post about pajamas as it turns out. And it's not even an affiliate link, just something that we love. 

Happy Feast of St. Nicholas friends! 

2 comments:

  1. Ok i just when and bought some pjs for myself from the clearance section based on your ode. They are pricey but not much more than i would usually pay for myself. Thanks for the recommendation

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a very hot sleeper as well. Perhaps I need to check out the bamboo pjs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!