Thursday, February 1, 2024

Letting Go

 Once upon a time in 2015, before she was even 1 yet, M started playing soccer. 



In October she wrapped it up. With a last-second goal no less! 

And today, February 1, we officially let Spring 2024 soccer signups pass us by. I knew we were going to. But there's still a bit of grief there. 

Last semester I broke my "one activity at a time" rule. And for 6 weeks I regretted it. It was too much. And also, I hate soccer. Parents are crazy intense for no reason. (Because they're third graders.) I resent having to wake up early to go freeze on the sidelines on Saturday morning and parking is atrocious. 

But I would have done it. Because I love M and I genuinely love watching her play soccer. 

And she chose to stick with Center and do another show this semester. High School Musical. She will be playing a brainiac. And even though I said only one thing she also started piano in January because we finally got off the waitlist for lessons. So we really just don't have time for soccer. 

But the fact that we aren't playing does make me sad. But who knows what Fall brings? Plenty of time to see if she misses it or not! A break doesn't mean she's done forever. 

This is a very blah post to kick off a new month. Sorry! I will do better tomorrow! 

Here's something that made me laugh this week: 


I mean I hate to be like this but... yeah. I am not interested in either of these teams winning. 



1 comment:

  1. It is so hard to find the balance for each kid's interest and health and then parents' ability and mental health! We don't do spring sports for this reason (though Maggie's volleyball off-season team goes into April) because after soccer/volleyball/basketball/swim team...we all need that break. And that image is funny!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!