Well, it's time for a little wrap-up of the week. On Fake Valentine's Day/Mardis Gras, we went to celebrate the feasting portion of the day at Cracker Barrel. My favorite. And we hadn't been in all of 2024 so haters like my M just kept their mouths shut.
But in a true Mardis Gras miracle, we got a table right next to the fire!! #goals But like actually, I have always wanted this exact table and on Tuesday we got it!!
Yesterday was the first time in a long while that C didn't have rehearsal but M did. So it was adventure day for the two of us. I took him to Burlington (the store not unlike a TJ Maxx not the town. Not that you probably know your Iowa geography that well to know that Burlington, IA isn't that far away.)
He humored me by taking this picture. M has been looking for new bedding and we haven't found a wow yet. I still don't actually love this but it's $25 so... I like it enough for that!
I genuinely don't know why it was this store that he wanted to go to. Because ours is a dump. It's so gross. And it's this MASSIVE warehouse and half of it is blocked off. But it is close to our house.
We ended up with a Charlie Brown stuffy for my guy. Then we went and got shamrock shakes before going home. Not really a fancy adventure at all but good to spend some time together for sure.
And now we've made it to Friday! It's a long weekend here since there's no school on Monday! Hey-O! I am not sad about it.
Wishing you a very happy Friday!




Those are some nice ashes :) I'm glad you got your perfect table, I have good memories of Cracker Barrell, especially that one time a man paid for my whole family's meal!! So sweet.
ReplyDelete