There was still a lot of other stuff that went down before and after I went to Indianapolis. Let me tell you about it!
The Holy Spirit was moving in a big way. Last Monday, I had a board meeting and then a study date with my friend to help her prepare for her citizenship test. My friend has been obsessing over her Brumate cup for months. And I got home, and my board member's gift was a BRUMATE!
Also, my friend went to Des Moines on Thursday and passed her test with flying colors! I am so happy for her. Her naturalization ceremony will be sometime in January, they said. She is married with 4 little boys, and while she is absolutely in the country legally with a green card, it will be a relief to have her as a citizen! The studying paid off!
M was also featured online for "Wear Your Camp Gray shirt day"
So, of course, she participated the next day!
Summer Camp signups were on Wednesday and luckily we got both kids into the week I was aiming for. The other good news is that I got a text message from one of M's friends' moms from camp last summer. (If you recall, we sent her for the first time without a hometown friend.) M had written Elise a letter telling her what week she was planning to go to camp but we hadn't heard back.
But via text messages (and boy am I glad I had M include the "you can have your mom text my mom" line in the letter) we got the girls signed up for the same week and written down for buddy requests so they can be together again. That makes me so happy!
Wednesday night we had tickets to a preview of Wicked: For Good.
I will be very honest when I tell you that if I hadn't already had these preview tickets, I very likely would not have gone to NCYC and missed the opening weekend. That sounds ridiculous, but it's true.
Our fellow audience was dreadful. They talked through the ENTIRE movie. The entire movie. But the movie itself is a solid second act.
Girly-pop had every piece of Wicked merch she owns on. Pants. Shirt. Sweatshirt. 2 different socks. (One for Glinda and one for Elphaba.) I myself wore a pink sock and a green sock and called it good.
While I was gone life marched on. The school had its senior thanksgiving dinner, where the 5th grade served the meal. M got assigned coffee.
I truly had people at NCYC praying that she didn't spill hot coffee on a senior citizen.
Photo evidence that she didn't. Praise the Lord!
Saturday was the Festival of Trees Parade. Which is very important to C. I tuned into the live stream as I went between activities at NCYC, got a screenshot of Husband and C, and called it good.
And I was happy to hear it went well, and his lines as narrator were clear, crisp, and got the appropriate laughs.
And that's a pretty solid recap of what else went on last week. Now we're just trying to make it to Thanksgiving! See you on the other side of Turkey Day!










No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!