Wednesday, November 12, 2025

The Sky's Awake, So I'm Awake

Like everyone in the Midwest last night it seems... we could see the Northern Lights! 

Now I live in town. On a road my mother calls a highway. (It's not. I swear.) But with street lights aplenty. And even still, this was the view of the aurora borealis last night from that well-lit house.


This is just regular camera mode. These others are in night mode. 



This was after bedtime but C was still awake so I had him come out to see. And then about an hour later, I felt bad, so I woke M up for a minute and had her come out to see. It wasn't as vibrant at that point, but still visible, and she liked it. And then ran right back upstairs to sleep.  


My parents' house had a nice view too. 


But my bestie, who lives in the country (Like it kind of scares me to try and find her house in the dark kind of country), absolutely won! 


I said to my friends who know me and my general lack of interest in nature that this definitely counts as my allotment for nature appreciation this month. 

It also counted as some time with God. I am so grateful to be on an Earth that surprises us from time to time with goodness. There are plenty of bad weather surprises. (It sn*wed on Saturday. I was unhappy. It has since melted, but it was there and I saw it.) So the good ones are worth appreciating. 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!!!!!! You captured it beautifully! Flynn took her dog out that night and came in and told us the sky was red. After a few minutes of us reassuring her it wasn't the end of the world, we went out and saw the beautiful sight!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!