Saturday morning brought the piano festival, and we made it just fine. God and his little sense of humor, however, my car dinged at like exactly the same spot on the road. It was the "It's cold outside, so drive carefully" warning. But I think all of our hearts stopped for a second.
This is M in the warm up room. She had consistently played worse all week.
She earned a Superior rating, which I was honestly a little shocked by, and I am now convinced that they just give everyone a Superior rating. Admittedly, it is a good moral boost for small pianists. So... there's that.
Saturday also brought news of the new Nuncio. Not a surprise but it was kind of weird to get the news on a Saturday.
C sang at Mass.
Look, since this is the blog I look back on for memories, I am going to write the unedited version here. C was in full, horrible teenager mode all afternoon.
We, me and him, got into an argument as we were going to leave the house. It escalated in church, and then C couldn't stop crying. He sort of got it together as he was rehearsing in the basement rehearsal room, but when he came back up he was worse.
At the same time, M, who I fully believe was all worked up all week about her piano festival, finally had the adrenaline crash and didn't feel great. She kept saying she was going to throw up. So I sent her to the car.
I stayed long enough to hear C sing. He did okay. Not great and definitely not what he was capable of. And then he came back to the pew and got mad at me again. Luckily, I had an out by taking "sick" M home. And then I went back to get the boys after Mass, and we were all grumpy with each other for the rest of the day.
M and I went back to Mass on Sunday morning. She was not sick.
Everything seemed better in the morning. But it was a rough afternoon and evening.
Sunday, Husband and I went to see a show with some friends. Before they arrived we watched these two ladies park. If you look closely you can see how poorly they did.
What you can't see from this picture is that BOTH ladies pulled through the spots, then reversed and corrected themselves several times, opening the door to see where they were in the lines. AND then decided this was good enough. In fact, they almost hit each other doing this at one point.
It was bad. And SO funny. Like I was crying laughing.
We also got C's headshot for his show.
Monday, I got a lot of work done. Especially for our Wednesday night Family Formation activity. Stations in a Sack: A Touch and Pray Stations of the Cross Kit!
Tuesday, during the day, I made all the kits.
I spent some time in prayer before school Mass.
Wednesday was a long and busy day. We had our event.
It was a small but mighty group, and truly, I enjoyed it. There really was something to praying in a kid-friendly way, with hands on items to meditate on.
Had some flashbacks to 6 years ago too.
Yesterday was the kids' show Madagascar Jr.
My kids and all the cast were lovely. The directors did a nice job. And the actual material and script are boring. I kinda don't want to go back and watch it again today. I will because I am supportive, and I am taking the money at the show. But I am not that excited about it, except for seeing my kids. That is fun.



















Thank you, my friend, for keeping it real here. Welcome to the teenage years! Hang on! Happy Spring Break. You guys earned it!
ReplyDeleteA lot of prayer and a lot of patience and you will make it through the teenage years just fine! I love that your kids love music and theatre as much as you do!!! Enjoy your weekend and spring break!!
ReplyDelete