We made the best of it by having a bonfire, roasting hot dogs and marshmallows for dinner.
Truly... I took no other pictures of Spring Break.
I had to work Thursday and Friday. M went to camp at the museum with Husband. C stayed home and ate a lot of Girl Scout Cookies didn't do much.
Saturday we sort've tried to redeem the break a tiny bit. We went to Hobby Lobby to get a needle and thread, so Husband could hem a jumper for M.
**M only has one quarter left of wearing jumpers as they switch to skirts in middle school. But her current jumpers are too small both in the waist AND length, and there was no way they were going to make it to May. So I bought a big jumper because I have friends who turn jumpers into skirts, and that works great. Only M lost her mind because the jumper was "too big," which means long. So we hemmed it. And she's going to live in the one jumper for a quarter because I sure as heck wasn't buying more than one.**
We got the hemming supplies quickly but stayed to browse until it started getting too crowded for my liking and giving me a rash.
Too many people do that to me sometimes.
Then we went next door to Dick's House of Sport to get M some new shorts. Nike shorts are the BIGGEST racket. And we were browsing there until a whole bunch of kids in uniforms started showing up from their fields, and then that also gave me a rash.
Also at checkout, Dick's asked me if I wanted to "Round Up for Youth Sports" and I have literally never wanted to give money to something less. It's a $40 billion industry. They don't need my extra 17 cents.
To be clear: I am all about sports in terms of teamwork, sportsmanship, and being healthy. I am less interested in sports in terms of competitions, travel games, $$$ equipment, and matching bags/shoes/hats/jackets.
Then we went to lunch where Husband noticed a business called YinzBinz nearby.
Apparently, it is a warehouse full of bins (hence the name) of people's random Amazon returns. So it's like a treasure hunt.
On Saturday, it's restock day, and all items are $9, and the price goes down daily to 99 cents on Friday.
Here's how I describe it:
- 45% horrifying
- 45% facinating
- 5% thrill of the hunt
- 5% gross
We had no idea what we were doing. We needed an app just to walk in. There were so many random things. One could score a really good deal there, though. And the re-seller people were loading like actual wagons full of stuff out of there. We got one item for Husband at work that he was truly going to be buying anyway because $9 was cheaper by a lot. And then they gave me a bonus $5 for using the app for the first time so it was actually $4.
Anyway... that was Saturday. (Followed by the bonfire at night of course.)
It was a less-than-remarkable Spring Break on many levels. Ah well. That happens.
And here we are back at it!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!